Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in nursing school now and plan (I think
)to one day do my bridge program to get my masters and CNM or do an apprenticeship to become a CPM. Everyone told me how terribly awful and difficult nursing school is but I don't find it so difficult, maybe I was just prepared for the worst, but I really like what I am studying so it makes it soooo much easier.

I know the process is time consuming and can be a real strain if you are juggling family and other obligations but did you think it was difficult as far as learning the material? Does loving it just make you want to soak up every bit of information? What was the most difficult aspect for you (an factor at all)?
If you're a CNM did you find it more difficult than nursing school? I'd love all your insights and pearls of wisdom!

TIA!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I worked for 2years as an RN in Labor & Delivery and in a Birth Center before going back to get my masters in midwifery. I don't think that the course load was that difficult. It was alot of work, don't get me wrong...but much of it was familiar because of my nursing experience. And, like you said, I loved what I was learning & the clinical experience was so rewarding that it made getting through the classes easier. The hardest class was pharmacology.
:
But definitely do it! Go on to become a CNM!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
796 Posts
As a CPM the bookwork wasnt difficult for me, I ate it up and found it very inspiring and interesting... the apprenticeship, hands-on, dealing with other midwives, peoples families, strange un-explainable instances etc.. were the difficult things for me. As a matter of fact - I'm still learning these parts of midwifery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.