Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone given gifts to their MWs? I know my insurance pays well (she said better then most!) but never really thought about another personalized gift (just because I just had a baby and am tired!) but I didn't know if this is common in MD and I am just the one who didn't think of it?<br><br>
What did you give and how long did you wait?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I gave mine a framed picture of my last baby, but I named that baby after her as well...<br><br>
I have seen folks bring our practice baked goods, perfume counter gift baskets, framed pictures/artwork they made relating to birth, birth related jewelry, figurines, flowers in pots. Just all sorts of stuff. Last year I got a gift basket with all sorts of gourmet stuff and a nice wine and the midwife got one too. But to be honest, the things that I cherish most are the letters and/or cards where a mama tells us what our presence meant to her at the birth. Those I save for the bad days when I had an ugly transport or a long hard birth that just made me question why I do this work. Those letters keep me going.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts