Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I hope it is okay that I am posting here. I am not a birth professional but I have 2 questions for you all. What paperwork to you have people sign, if any and what forms do you supply, like birth certificate form, ss# form, AOP etc.

I had a hospital birth . . .
: there weren't any midwives in my area and I ended up having to absolutely have a c-section
so I don't know about the paperwork that you give. I have an informational website and I want to do a page on the paperwork that people should expect when they have a baby. Since I am very pro home birth I wanted to make sure that I discussed your kind of paperwork as much as hospitals and birthing centers. Thanks for answers in advance you all.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Every midwife is going to be different as far as what paperwork she has client fill out, in addition to any requirements from the state if she is legal.

In Colorado we have to have them sign an informed consent to midwifery care/home birth, an emergency transfer plan, and a mandatory disclosure (what our education is, license, revocations, judgements, etc.). If the VBAC rule is upheld for home birth there will be a mandatory VBAC consent as well (of course many already do that as a matter of consents).

In CA, where I will soon be going, there is a mandatory disclosure form from the state plus anything else the midwife cares to share.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.