Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I know this thread is already here, but for some reason I can't find it. I haven't posted in forever but I wanted to check in. I have been on Topamax for a while now, 200mg. and it has really been helping. Cut down on my migraines from maybe 4/week to 1-2/week, except for the hormonal ones. Which is such an improvement. The side effects were hell for the first two months or so, but then they settled down.<br><br>
But now I am increasing again (to 400mg by over the next month), because well, 2 migraines a week is just not acceptable either. I started increasing yessterday and it was like the beginining again...dizzy, nausiated, dry mouth, metal taste. Am I gonna loose another 25 lbs???<br><br>
I have had these headaches for so long and tried so many things. I am so grateful for something that works, but man, I wish it was easier on my body.<br><br>
As a side note, I have also started Maxalt which works well for me once I have a migraine in progress, which is amazing for me. Imitrex did nothing for me. But I am looking forward to not having them in the first place, ya know.<br><br>
Thanks for listening and sorry I lost the original thread. Wishing you all pain-free days mamas!

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
hi! i couldn't find the other thread either. i've never posted here, but i guess i should since i get migraines. mine started after ds1 was born and i didn't get them at all during my second pregnancy. that was nice! sometimes i'll get mine once a week, and then i'll go through periods of not getting them much, maybe once a month. if i don't drink enough water that can set them off. the only thing that truly helps is to sleep it off.<br><br>
i've never been to a doctor for it...are there medicines out there that really work? is there something natural?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are lots of drugs out there that work for some people, and many natural remedies as well. As with so many things, it is all individual. I have found a site that really goes into much of what is out there, natural and medical. I do recomend seeing a doctor as a start.<br><br>
This is where I am at after years of trying things that didn't work for me that have done wonders for other people...like chiropractic, dietary changes, imitrex, and on and on. I am even trying Botox now. My wife tells me I don't look a day over 26 :LOL (I am 27)<br><br>
But please, do try something. You don't have to suffer. Also, if I don't get enough sleep I am sure to get one, and also too much sleep seems to do it too.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Moved to health and healing. I think the other migraine mamas thread is in this forum too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts