Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MIL is SO out of touch with her inner monkey that I can't even believe it! Yesterday, talking about DW, she says 'that formula I fed you sure smelled bad!' DW asked how it tasted and she looked at her kind of funny and said 'well, I never tasted it! It smelled awful!'
So then DW asked her if she ever tasted her own milk and she sort of wrinkled her nose and said 'no way, have you?' DW then said 'OF COURSE I HAVE, weren't you even a little curious about the taste?' She said no.
Of course, stupid me, I have to pipe up and tell her how great I think it tastes... :LOL She didn't seem amused.

So...why in the world would you feed your baby something that you wouldn't eat? That seems extremely strange to me. But of course, I know what the dog and cat food tastes like.

Just had to vent! Go about your business!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have tasted everything my dc have eaten.

aside from dirt or rocks, my baby ds loves rocks for some reson?

older sons dad liked the taste of breastmilk too
:LOL

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not a mama yet, but it has long been lore in my family ever since my crunchy sister told our brothers (soooo not crunchy!) that her DH had tasted her breastmilk. I think my brothers all about died.
:

My DH and I talk about it all the time. He enjoys 'em so much, I can't imagine him NOT getting a mouthful at some time or other.
I intend to taste it, too! No one is leaving me out.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedPony
Not a mama yet, but it has long been lore in my family ever since my crunchy sister told our brothers (soooo not crunchy!) that her DH had tasted her breastmilk. I think my brothers all about died.
:

My DH and I talk about it all the time. He enjoys 'em so much, I can't imagine him NOT getting a mouthful at some time or other.
I intend to taste it, too! No one is leaving me out.

That's so funny. I couldn't wait for DW to get her milk in...we were both really excited. I used to hold her down and tickle her and she had no way of getting back at me for doing it...now she 'hoses me down' whenever I start razzing her! :LOL

When the baby was in the hospital she HAD to express to get some relief...we put it in our coffee.

Wow! Human bodies are great fun. The other thing is that I don't understand why men get freaked out by or are turned off by what I call 'mama bodies.' I think it is seriously sexy what she can do with that thing!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FuelJetA
My MIL is SO out of touch with her inner monkey

Just had to vent! Go about your business!

Thanks for the laugh. Just had to share that I don't laugh at much these days but you made me giggle tonight.

:LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.