Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great quote from “The Case Against Vaccination” By Dr. Walter Hadwen
If a person happens to have been vaccinated and he goes through life without catching small-pox they say, "What a splendid thing it is that he was vaccinated”;
if he has a mild attack they say, "How very fortunate he was vaccinated, or he would have had the small-pox very severely";
if he happens to have a severe attack we are told, "It was a lucky job he was vaccinated, or he would have died ";
and if a person who has been vaccinated should have the impudence to go and die, then we are coolly told, "Oh, he had not been vaccinated properly."

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
Or we're told, "This vaccine doesn't work as well as we would like to see. That's why everyone should get vaccinated with it."

·
Registered
18,825 Posts
And nowadays we are told: "The anti-vaccine crazies will seize on anything (look at all the noise they are making about that unimportant mumps whistleblower case against Merck) to undermine faith in vaccines."

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Relative had diphtheria in 20's.She was vaccinated according to 50's/60's schedule.Not sure how severe.I was vaxed in 70's((so DTP)) and was hospitalized with pertussis at 2.

As I have said before everything is OK or explained away if vaccinated,and all hell breaks loose if the person is unvaccinated.

As for severity of disease I think it will always vary.The unique system of each individual.For the vaccinated the vaccine batch and recipients response will to vaccine vary.The response from doctors is rarely helpful,because it seems the top goal is keeping the view of vaccines as safe and effective.Never put down the vaccine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts