Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I have a little dilemma......</p>
<p>Our house is very humid because we use our dryer as a heat source also by directing the hose inside rather then outside. It nice because we dont have to run the humidifier and that part of our house stays nice and toasty with no effort lol. But.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I use alot of rags and cloth wipes in a day and If they set overnite the reek of mildew. We wash on cold and anything the rags touch in the hamper smells like it also. Then after a wash and dry they still reek!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I wash in hot it is better but we try to conserve alot of electricity here and we have lots of laundry so washing it all in hot would cost more.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am going to start throwing all the wet stuff in a bucket and washing it all in hot by itself. Even if I hang the rags to air dry before washing they never get dry from how humid it stays.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry this is so long but is their something I can kinda rinse them in before putting them in a bucket to control the mildew? I was thinking a vinegar/water rinse or spritzing them but Im not sure if it will be worth it?</p>

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
I think I read that baking soda can help with killing fungus... but I know tea tree oil usually helps with milder... also lavender essential oil. I'd try those.

·
Registered
415 Posts
<p>A little bleach would help a lot.  It's very bad for your house to vent the dryer inside.  If your towels are mildewing imagine what your drywall and furniture are doing...</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts