Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing as much research on this as I possibly can. As far as I read there is no real HOSPITAL on Fort Meade, right, so you have to seek maternity care off post. SOOOOO I have read good and bad, yes and no, on Tricare paying for HB that it has to be CNM not CPM blah blah blah. I am just hoping that there are ppl in this tribe that are military and can help out. All this yes/no business is getting sooo confusing and I am REALLY hoping for a HB since my hospital birth experience was crap! Any replies would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Haven't been to Ft. Meade in a while (we're in Utah currently) but there used to be a TriCare management office adjacent to the clinic there on Post. If it's still there I'd walk in and ask for the specific reg re: current HB requirements. They change pretty quickly lately, but there should be a statement re: birthing centers approved by TriCare in your area. If one of THEM handles that service you may be good to go. Request an authorization first.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
<a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=598835&page=10" target="_blank">http://www.mothering.com/discussions...598835&page=10</a><br><br>
I just repiled to your PM.<br><br>
There's only one MW in the D.C. metro area that is covered by Tricare, so yes, Tricare does cover a HB. In your case, yours will be covered under Prime, since there is no L&D at Walter Reed. At the other MTF's in this area, if they have L&D, you have to switch to Standard to get it covered, which is not a big deal at all. Read the thread I linked above from the HB forum for a long discussion on Tricare's coverage of a HB. Also, never speak to anyone at Tricare EXCEPT a SUPERVISOR regarding HB coverage - otherwise, you will only get incorrect or inconsistent info. The supervisors are really good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts