Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my best friend just read the book skinny b!tch. she said i should read it but that the one part i won't like is that it says that your milk dries up after one year... my disclaimer is that since i have not read it i can not be sure that she didn't misread it or something.. she did seem fairly certain though.

i searched and couldn't find a thread on it and i thought if someone had read it and it really had said that it would be posted... and i couldn't imagine no one has read it. lol.

so here's my thing.. does it really say this? and if it does ... why in the heck does it say this? thats completely wrong!!!

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Well, if you wean your baby around a year old then, yes, your milk will dry up around then!

I haven't read the book though so I can't comment on what it says.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lmao thats what i said!!! i was like.. well.. if you wean at one year yeah it will dry up... but um that happens no matter when you wean.... but it doesn't just spontaneously dry up at one year

·
Registered
359 Posts
You can search the book on Amazon ... it says, "When her child is anywhere from 12 to 24 months old, a mother stops breastfeeding. Her milk dries up." (It then segues into a discussion of cow's milk.)

So, while some might argue that 24 months is a rather arbitrary date to mention that mothers will stop breastfeeding, the info IS accurate ... your milk does dry up when you stop nursing your baby

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so she stops bfing between 12-24 mos ... and her milk dries up. i can see where it sounds like she stops bfing between 12-24 mos b/c her milk dries up.. since stopping before 12 or after 24 mos does not change that your milk dries up when you stop lol.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Well colostrum does taste like multivitamin water, but I wouldn't call it "sour."
I think they're grasping at straws trying to get me to wean DD...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3pink1blue View Post
Oh, come on, you haven't heard of the Booby Calendar? When the milk's gone, a year's gone by.

Weird, though, there were 3 Christmases in the "year" DD2 breastfed.

LOL......yep, in that case, we've just had our third christmas this year too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.