Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can freeze milk.

But, when you thaw it, do you have the thaw the whole container before using or can you use it as it thaws? (does it seperate while freezing)

TIA

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I freeze milk and drink it as it thaws. it doesn't seperate as long as you shake before pouring each time while it is still partially frozen. But as long as some of it is frozen it tastes a little watered down.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MPJJJ
I freeze milk and drink it as it thaws. it doesn't seperate as long as you shake before pouring each time while it is still partially frozen. But as long as some of it is frozen it tastes a little watered down.

yeah then when you get to the bottom of the jug you get the milk concentrate

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Quote:
wow i have a total taste and sensory memory of this exact thing , like down to the knowledge that you need to shake....but have NO idea when i have ever had frozen milk this way

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I've found that thawed milk doesn't have quite the same taste or texture as milk that's never been frozen. It's fine in recipes, but not so good for drinking straight or using on cereal.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
I love drinking milk as it thaws. I actually fill a large cup with milk then freeze. Once frozen I take it out and drink as it thaws.
AS a child we loved come winter time to set a gallon of milk on the porch to freeze, we all thought it a delicie (sp ? nak )

We do freeze milk when we have too much and cant use it up.

I am talking fresh raw cows milk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.