Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and they're mama made! woo hoo! i actually used kind of carpy materials b/c they're the practice pair and b/c i wanted to see how they fit, but they are sooo cute! i used the darling diapers moc pattern with tan felt sole (plus a layer of fusible interfacing) sage denim upper, and navy fleece lining. they were really quick, too. now that i know how to do it, i'm sure i could make a pair in less than an hour. anyhow, here they are.

J.

· Registered
3,433 Posts
Those are awesome! Milo is going to have a wardrobe of shoes now! How do they fit? The pattern looks great, I still haven't had time to sew anything.

I checked out your album, I love the fleece hoodie and the diapers are so cute, especially the french terry and the orange pul. Orange is my favorite color for boys, because it actually is a color, KWIM?

· Registered
1,774 Posts
I know I'm so slow getting these up on the site!! I sent the pattern to her as a gift just because she's a great gal. I know a lot of mamas really want this pattern now.. I just really want to make sure my sizing and such are correct. It just kills me to buy a pattern, put all that work into making it and have it not fit right. I kind of made the mistake of trying to test during a busy time of year and many of my testers have more improtant things to attend to and haven't been able to give the feeback I need to feel sound in my sizing. Soon I hope!

Those are so cute! Interfacing on the sole piece!! That's what I need to do on teh next pair. I knew I was leaving something out. Guess I should read my own pattern *LOL*.

Amber

· Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, the fit is awsome! i actually made him a size up, i think the 2 yr size, even though he's 15 mos. he's in the 25 percentile for height and weight, but he has these *huge* puppy dog feet. lol i bought him a pair of slippers several months ago (in the hopes of putting off this shoe problem) that were in the 2 yo size and couldn't even get them on him. but, these fit great! i think it helps to be in control of the elastic around the ankle, yk?

so, i've been wanting to make him shoes forever, but you know how those items on the to do list get skipped over (especially when it's something intimidating like shoes) and i thought it could wait until after xmas, because really, what little kid gets excited about shoes and clothes? but then xmas morning when he opened his cabbage patch doll, i kid you not, the very first thing he did was take the dolls shoes off and try to put them on his own feet and then he looked so sad that they were too small!
i was heartbroken! so i made these last night while he was alseep and as soon as we got up i put them on him and he was so thrilled!
I wish he got so excited over his diapers. lol He's still kind of prancing around in them.

I had to go to joann's to get the right elastic and something for the soles, so, of course, i had to buy some fabric for the second third and fourth pairs. <<sigh>> But, everything i got was at least a little girly. My fave is a striped fabric that's pink, sage green, and off white. I was thinking it'd be really cute to use as the upper/toe part and then use the same sage denim for the heel. But i don't want him to look back at his baby pictures and feel like i really wanted a girl. I didn't! I really wanted a boy! I just want to dress a girl! Oh, and i got four really awsome polyester knit prints for diaper outers (i'm going to try to make aio pockets w/ this stuff on the outside -- thinking it won't wick like a cotton print), and all but one is either flowery or involves at least some pink. And, btw, kari_mom, i totally agree about orange, but the other day in the grocery store a woman said "oh cute little girl" and i said "no, he's a boy" and she said, "but he's wearing orange."

J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.