Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to not take a prenatal next time I am pregnant. Instead, I would like to focus on good overall nutrition and perhaps a few supplements for minerals, Bs, cod liver oil, etc.

On one of the last NT monthly threads before the forum switch, there was some discussion about mineral supplements. I can't remember which were suggested as better brands/products, and am hoping that this discussion can be revived.

Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
All I take for mineral supplementation is azomite powder (a clay). This is because I prefer natural substances over synthetic ones.

And I make sure to get some bone broth most every day. You can also chew on the bones of small animals once they have been cooked.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I use Trace Minerals tablets (www.vitacost.com has the best prices I've found). As far as I can tell it is from the same source as Redmond's Real Salt but with the sodium removed. Although I recently read that tablets are really hard to digest, so in hindsight I probably should have got the liquid instead...just figured it would taste nasty.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I have been searching the old threads trying to find mineral suggestions. Seems that several people like the traceminerals or the concentrace. I'll have to check those out.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
when pregnant, I splurged for the traceminerals seaminerals with silver, since it was more food-sourced than the traceminerals liquid, which I have now. I did CLO and Floradix for food Bs and Cs. I got everything from vitacost, love that site!

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, provacativa. The traceminerals looks pretty comprehensive. I know our local soils are selenium deficient (we have to supplement our livestock with that to prevent health issues), so I'd like to make sure that I'm taking care of *us*, too. Esp. when/if I get pregnant again.

Going to check out some of the other suggestions, as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.