Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mamas,<br><br>
I just started taking Micronor again a few weeks ago since I'm still nursing DD maybe once or twice a day. Since starting to take it, I've noticed a decrease in libido and have had trouble with lubrication. When I started taking this pill initially, it was after my DD's birth, and I attributed the low libido and dryness to breastfeeding and general exhaustion, but this time around, I'm wondering if it isn't the pill itself.<br><br>
Strangely enough, I was on the BCP for 14 years before having DD, and never had problems with this. It was however a combined pill (triphasil).<br><br>
Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yes, from what I understand this is very common. I also had the same problem with it and I also felt very on edge on it, just not myself. I got off it 5 years ago because of these reasons.

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
I have had horrible libido loss with every kind of hormonal BC I've ever been on -- like, really reeeaaalllly bad. It's super common. I'd say it's very likely your libido loss is related to the BC.

·
Registered
556 Posts
No experience with the mini-pill, but I'd also say it's highly likely for the low-libido to be caused by it. I'll point my finger at most hormones before I'd point at myself, though, just because I had a horrible experience with several pills I tried. Kinda strange that a regular pill didn't have the same effect, though...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I'm on Micronor and... yeah, there's been a drop in libido. Not so much that I say no often, but I sort of forget to initiate. I don't have a baby, but I don't want to be on regular BCP's because I have a history of depression/anxiety and get migraines, and my sister had blood clots in her arm from them, scary!<br><br>
I've been on Micronor about a year and had regular AF (29 - 33 days) up until February, had sort of a weird one in March, and nothing since. I thought I was pregnant, but I tested and I'm not... I'm still having all the symptoms though! I'll most likely be stopping after this pack, to get AF to come back & then decide from there what to do.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes. same problem here. The regular pill did not seem to have as much of an effect, but the mini-pill did. Parlty i think it was the combination of BF AND the pill, (and being tired). I got off of it because of this.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the great input.<br><br>
Two things have happened in the past few weeks...DD is weaning, so we're not nursing anymore, and I'm losing my mind from the up and down emotions. I've decided to go back to a doctor to change to a combo pill because I really can't take this any longer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts