Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD3 has to go to the hospital on 9/11 for a VCUG and Ultrasound of kidney reflux that she's had since birth and was corrected in May. I will also need to take my DS (2 1/2) and the baby I'll be watching (3mon) to the appointment.

I was thinking of asking my mom to come with us because a)I could use the extra pair of hands and b)I want someone DD knows to be in the procedure room with her and I am not allowed to do so as it could hurt the Bean.

The glitch in all of this is that given our recent losses we were going to wait until 12 weeks to tell everyone, and I'll only be about 8wks at the time of the appointment. I don't see any way around telling my mom why I can't go in the exam room with DD. She's not dumb...she'll know the only reason I can't be in there is because I'm pg.

I'm not worried about her reaction, as she knows we weren't TTA anymore, but my grandmother is coming up to visit at the beginning of Oct (right around 12 wks) and I wanted to get to tell her in person. My mom is a huge blabbermouth.

Do I just suck it up and take all 3 kids by myself, leaving DD3 alone during the procedure? Ask my mom to go but make up some excuse why I can't be in there? Tell her but threaten her with death if she tells anyone?

This shouldn't be this big of an issue, but I'm torn.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
first, good luck with the procedure and finding out excellent results for your little girl!

second, if you don't have a dear friend you can trust, and there's absolutely no way your husband can be there, i vote for threatening your mom! maybe if you explain how very excited you are to be able to share your news in person she'll actually get it?

· Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, there's no way DH can be there. He's already got three meetings scheduled for that day, and since the more meetings he sets generally = the more income (he's in sales for a staffing agency) we need him to keep his meetings.

Oh my gosh! You're brilliant! I was just going to type that the only friends I have who could go also have children so it wouldn't be much help when I remembered my SIL works from home on Fridays, and her son is in daycare!

I'll call her tomorrow and see if she can make it. I know she'll stay mum and I think DD would be okay with Aunt Becca holding her hand during the procedure.

Crisis averted.
:

· Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackies Ladybug View Post
you shouldnt be going in there if you are TTC either, so maybe you can use that as an excuse?
Ooo good point. If SIL falls through I may use that one on my mom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.