Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dh had a meeting in another town today. this I can deal with.

He called me at 5, said that he'd be home in about an hour and a half. We agreed to order chinese when he got home for dinner. No problem with this either.

Problem: I called at about 6:15 to see if I should call in the order so he could pick it up on his way into town, figuring that he was about 15 minutes out... He was still an hour away - he stopped to pick up his
comic books. Now, I don't mind the comic books, I don't mind that he wanted to pick them up. What royally horks me off is that he decided to stop and get the things less than 20 minutes after talking to me, stayed and chatted up the guys at the shop, didn't bother to call and update me, and delayed dinner for me and the kids by over an hour!!!

"d" in dh does not stand for dear right now.
:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
If it were just YOU going hungry, that would be one thing. But the fact that he delayed his kids' meal is grounds for some pissy attitude on your part.

Make sure you let him know that stopping for comic books is fine (whatever turns his crank, legally), but next time you'd appreciate a call so you can feed the kids and he can eat cold take-out later.

love, penelope

·
Registered
687 Posts
Does he do stuff like that a lot? Both my husband and my father have serious issues with not respecting others' time and taking ten times as long to do things as they say, or as it rightly should take. I wonder why some men are like this.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
usually once a month (almost always for the group that he had the meeting with today). He helps run a couple conventions for a non-profit foundation as a volunteer - one SciFi the other Japanese Animation related. They have foundation meetings on the first Weds (6-8pm) of every month, monthly board meetings (usually on Sundays), and the convention planning meeting one Saturday a month (2-4pm). I don't mind if he has plans to do stuff before coming home, but he needs to let me know (and we had this conversation when he got home about 40 minutes ago). He did apologize.
I think that I should just plan on him not being home before 9 and take the stress out when he goes for these meetings. I'm just glad that in October he'll be done with this as he's taking time away from the foundation for at least the next year.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom
I think that I should just plan on him not being home before 9 and take the stress out when he goes for these meetings. I'm just glad that in October he'll be done with this as he's taking time away from the foundation for at least the next year.
Yup...this is what I would do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts