Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Mirena IUD put in in about a week. My 2nd son is 4 months old and I'm tandem nursing him and my 21 month old. I've been hesitant about what BC method to choose. We didn't do anything after my first and that's why we have 2 babies 17 months apart! ;-) Now we just haven't been doing the deed, but that's not right either! I just don't want anything to mess with my milk supply. What has your experience been?<br><br>
TIA!<br>
Annette

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I've nursed a baby while using Mirena. Twice! I've never had a problem. I love it. (I'm nursing my 11-month old now, got my second Mirena in January. I nursed the previous baby to 14 months, 12 of which were while I had the Mirena the first time.)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I nursed with a Mirena installed, and there were no problems with my milk supply at all. Problems with the Mirena, yes, but nursing was fine.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I'm nursing with Mirena. I had it placed when ds was 6 wks old and he's 8 months now and I never noticed a decrease in supply. One of the reason's I chose Mirena is because it's one that is approved to use while nursing unlike the patch, nuva ring and combo bc pills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts