Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on day 2 of bleeding from a miscarriage at 5w0d. I want to try again right away. Would this be condsidered CD2? Should I expect to ovulate around CD18-20 like I normally do? My hpt is already coming back BFN and my beta quant was only 16 two days ago.

·
Registered
189 Posts
From what I've read on other posts, some women seem to drop right back into their normal cycle-- I would guess that you would have a good chance at this since you were relatively not very far along in your pregnancy and your HCG is already nil.

I just read this on Fertility Friend bc I was having similar questions:
For charting purposes, the first day of your new cycle can be the first day of your miscarriage (full bleeding) if no D&C is required. If a D&C is required, you can start a new chart for the day of the procedure. Enter "menses" to start a new cycle and make a note of the circumstances in the notes section of your chart. If you were charting the cycle of your miscarriage, you should enter "miscarriage" on that chart. You may also decide to exclude that cycle from your cycle statistics as it will show an unusually long luteal phase length. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/...scarriage.html

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm very sorry about your loss as well Jade. I hope that we'll both be nauseated, round, and ecstatic in a DDC very, very soon.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I say treat the first day of bleeding as CD 1, but don't expect a normal cycle. You might get one, you might not. (We conceived the first cycle post-MC, but usually I would ovulate around CD12, and I think I ovulated around CD 25.) I just wouldn't have any expectations about how this cycle is gonna go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.