Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, all of you mish-mash gals. You know who you are. You've got a little bit of this and a little bit of that and love it.

I'm curious....tell me about how much of what you have. In other words, not a long list of every kind of dipe or cover you own. But how many of each make up your stash.

For instance, for my toddler we use coverless fitteds at home, pockets during the day at home and out-and-about, and fitteds and wool at night. So for him we have about 6 pockets, 6 fitteds, 2 wool soakers, and approx. 6 other random types of covers (wool/PUL/fleece, etc.).

Now for my baby we are at a very transitional period...he is growing SO FAST that I can barely keep up with what still fits him and what doesn't! He has a lot of his big brother's hand-me-downs, but a lot of new stuff too.

So for the baby we have about 6 pockets, a dozen fitteds (which he is outgrowing most of them!), several prefolds (he just outgrew his infants- fits in regulars and premiums now), 3 wool soakers, and about 6 other random covers (wool/PUL/nylon, etc.).

So out of curiosity...what makes up your mish-mash stash?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Prefolds, fitteds & wool are our basics. As for whats in rotation now (recognizing I have a huge box I'd love to sell that isn't included in this listing):

Mish mash of fitteds and have a lot (if its any hint theres as least a dozen different "brands" and multiple version of many brands)

Dozen+ regular 4x6x4 pfs (need to dye them
)
Dozen+ premium 4.8.4.pfs (many already very pretty
)

2 pockets (worn 1x/2wks or so...and then just b/c they have cute prints and I feel sorry for them sitting on the shelf, constantly passed over
)

Covers...he's usually coverless in the house. 3pr wool shorts (2knit, 1 fabric), 5pr long wool pants (2 knit, 3 fabric), 1 wrap & a 'crat (they are the night covers)... a couple fleece pants and a bummis in a pear tree :LOL

For the covers I should say that C wears t shirts and woolies (or fleece). He doesn't wear "normal" clothes. His covers are his clothes. (or his clothes are his covers-- whatever
)

ETA: whoops, we have a honeyboy which is officially an AIO... so C *does* have an AIO

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Prefolds, fitteds and wool are what makes up our stash as well. Here is a breakdown:

About 8 brands of fitteds w/ at least 3 of each one (and some of them a *lot* more than 3
: )

OC, hemp, sherpa, DSQ prefolds( in premium, reg. and toddler sizes) and a few flats.

5 AIO's for the diaper bag. This is driving me nutso though..'cuz I like multiples of 3! :LOL

And way more woolies than we really need, but he only wears T's w/ woolies as his clothes..so I guess that's o.k!! They also serve as his jammies, as well!

Oh..and I've got 2 fleece covers and 1 bummis cover that I keep around for sicky days (so I'm not worrying about washing wool when he's been sick, IYKWIM?!)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
This is for Moose, 18mo
2 dozen misc fitteds (VK is the only one he has more than 3 of)
6 pockets (no more than 2 of each "brand")
6-8 AIOs (VK is the only one he has more than 1 of)
1 dozen ubcpf (2 dyed)
2 misc cpf
6 or so woolies
Thomas and Wiggles cover, 3 other misc pul covers (these 3 rarely get used)

For in utero Muffin I plan on~
2-3 dozen fitteds
pile of misc wool
few backup PUL covers
about a dozen AIOs and/or pockets

·
Registered
295 Posts
DD1 just potty learned last week - but she had about a dozen pockets, a dozen AIO's, and 9 fitteds. Oh and about 4 pieces of wool and a couple other covers.

DD2 is 20 months. She has probably 18 pockets, maybe 2 AIO's, and about 3 dozen fitteds. (I'm counting the SOS and Mutts as hers now - they were both of the girls) She has about 8 pieces of wool and 4 other covers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Let's see.. for my toddler I've got

1 dozen premium UBCPF (and a few more on the way)
4 fitteds and one pocket that wicks enough that we use it as a fitted :LOL (and 2 more fitteds on the way)
3 pockets, mostly for out and about
2 Bummis SWW
3 wool soakers, 2 pair of shorties, 1 pair of longies, and 1 pair of wool shortalls (all knit by me
)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hmmm...I've been trying a little of everything since I started CD'ing about 2 months ago
Pockets/AIO's are mainly for Nana's (who watches DD when I'm at work), out and about, and travelling.

And I'm still using a lot of different things since DD is right in between sizes at 13 1/2 lbs

7 sm pockets
2 sm AIO's
2 med AIO's
14 med pockets (2 more coming
: ) (lent out 8 to a friend to try and get a convert
)
1 doz infant CPFs
2 doz reg CPFs
6 sm PUL covers
6 fitteds (2 muttaqins coming
)
3 med PUL covers
3 wool covers (1 muttaqin coming
: )
1 pr wool shorts (desperately want more of these!)

It changes from day to day what we use.....and I still want to try more things, like my mutts coming up, and I'd LOVE some custom wool, but can't really afford that right now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
We keep quite a variety of dipes in rotation. I like to use one type per day.
We have tons of flats, pf, fitted, aios and pockets.
I'm guessing on #'s and a lot of these were used by Ds#1 that I just didn't want to sell.
6 doz. flats(most are used for camping)
1 doz. pf
22 fitted(about 3 different brands)
8 aios(2 different brands)
10 pockets(3 different brands)

Plus every type of cover. (Nylon, pul, fleece and wool)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I have a mishmash too.

One dozen each of prefolds, Mudpie OV fitteds, OV/OC SOS, Fussybutts, FCB/LC and Bottombumpers. plus a few random dipes like Luxe, Natural Simplicty, etc. Then I have AIOs (FMBG, Mudpies, Baby Bloomrs, Very Baby, Bottombumpers and FCB/LC). No pockets though. I hate pockets!

And my wool I have a bit of everything including stuff I knit myself.

·
Registered
892 Posts
18 infant ipf's, 12 regulars, 6 premiums, 6 trimmed premium cpf's, 12 fitteds (I think), 9-10 AIO's, 15 FB's, 5 BSWW, 1proraps, 3 fleece SP covers, three fleece shorts (beanerboy.com), six wool covers (two here, four on the way)...

I think thats about it...

This is for both of my kids, though... I have mostly one-size fitteds, but do have a couple smalls and mediums in there, and all the other stuff is fairly divided between the two of them....

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
prefolds, fitteds, wool, wonderoos, a daisy doodle aio and a couple proraps/bswws.

we've got 2doz infant prefolds (stuffers and doublers only, bebe's outgrown 'em), 2doz regular, 1doz premium, 18 toddler, and they're a good mix of CPF, hemp terry and IPF, two sherpa cuddlebuns, a couple choochoobooties fitteds, four soakers, a wool wrap, 6 wonderoos and a handfull of (4 small, 8med, 8 lg, 4 toddler/xl) .. for two in diapers.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I think I'm becoming a mish-masher! A few weeks ago, my stash was all fitteds and wool. But now...well, this is what we have.

8 flats
2 sherpa prefolds w/more on the way
4 fleece shell sets w/extra snap-ins
3 WIOs
2 fleece AIOs
6 pockets
about 2 dozen fitteds
about a half dozen wool covers
tons & tons of knitted wool

But I'm seriously thinking of selling or trading away all our front-snapping fitteds (which just don't fit Ian that well anymore) and replacing them with even more sherpa prefolds. I've come full circle! Prefolds -> AIOs -> pockets -> fitteds -> flats & prefolds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.