Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you help your preschoolers say goodbye to their teachers? How do you help them when they want to see the teacher again? I have another thread herein about my dd's slight anxiety but I think this is unrelated. She misses her coop preschool teacher the way she misses my friends and our family when we do not see them as often as we would like. We went to this coop preschool for 15 mos so this teacher was a big part of her life.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Can you make a little book out of photos of them? The school ds goes to has a laminating machine and they are big on taking photos, laminating them, and giving them to the children in various ways. THey keep one of those shoe storers in the classroom and each child has a pocket with photos of themselves playing at school, parents, and caregivers in it so that if they are having a tough time missing anyone, they can take them out and look at them. I have noticed that having pictures handy seems to help with transitioning and missing people. I also have conversations with ds about people who were and are now no longer in his life, such as baby-sitters. We talk about sending a card and though usually he never does, just talking about it seems to set something right with him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts