Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this? I thought I had hypoglycemia, but I found out that my symptoms are caused by my MVP. Does anyone know of any natural remedies that I can take for this to help the symptoms? TIA.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have not been formally diagnosed but have a good feeling that I have it. I have no insurance so the test I need to have done I cant but there is a web site for it and its very supportive. I do know form my readings that you can avoid certian food that will help lesson your symptoms. My Aunt has it and chocolate, nicotine and a few other things irritate her. Where you having heart palpitations? I iwll look for the link to the support group there was a wealth of info there.<br><br>
amy

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I've had MVP all of my life. In fact, I've had surgeries to correct holes in my valves, but those were a long time ago.<br><br>
At the moment, I have a mild regurgitation that is checked out about every year or so. I'm not on any medication to "control" it -- IMO, there isn't anything to control with MVP, other than generally keeping your body and heart healthy by eating well, having some physical activity and being at a healthy weight. I have to work on the eating well and the healthy weight part, but otherwise I'm healthy in my cardiologist's eyes.<br><br>
I found this website that gives good information... <a href="http://www.mvprolapse.com/" target="_blank">Mitral Valve Prolapse</a><br><br>
Good luck to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts