Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My son, 20 months, has food sensitivities to dairy (uncultured, yogurt is fine), gluten, berries, and I expect nuts (I can not eat tree nuts, have not given him nuts of any kind yet, though sesame is fine for him).

Based on my history I think he has a genetic tendency towards allergies (or sensitivities or intolerances, as I'm not sure what he experiences is technically histamine).

He is far healthier than I was as a young child and I believe this is (at least in part) because of the choices we have made for natural immunity, no antibiotics, breastfeeding, and the identification of offending foods from his diet.

I think there is still more we can do to help his digestive health and am beginning to look into enzymes, probiotics, etc.

Can anyone recommend some references for this kind of information?

Thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i don't have references exactly but have done extensive work with my 9 month old son's multiple sensitivities. what he takes is: a probiotic, l-glutamine (helps rebuild the gut lining), and fish oils (from a reputable, mercury free source: nordic naturals).
good luck!

jen
mama to jack
born at home

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Claire gets Nature's Way probiotic.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I have not given my son probiotics since he was around 4 months old and had a small spot of thrush in his mouth. (It worked beautifully).

He consumes a lot of yogurt (yobaby drinkables), but I know the bacteria in there are not the full spectrum you can get with a more complete probiotic. I'll look into that further.

I'll read about the l-glutamine for sure.

What are the fish oils for?

Any more suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts