Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I'd start a new thread on this. Is anyone having to modify activities more significantly because of pregnancy? If so, what and how?

For me, I'm not noticing anything huge, but just little things seem to be indicating that that stage may be coming and it kind of surprised me.

If I lift my legs to hip height, it feels kind of odd, sex is highlighting some additional sensitivity as well as needing more care in positioning, and I'm trying to be cognizant of how I sit up or roll over because of previous discomfort from the round ligament, though I haven't had any issues with that for a week or so.

I continue to really like my Snoogle pillow for sleeping - that's becoming more and more helpful!

·
Registered
83 Posts
So I thought I'd start a new thread on this. Is anyone having to modify activities more significantly because of pregnancy? If so, what and how?

For me, I'm not noticing anything huge, but just little things seem to be indicating that that stage may be coming and it kind of surprised me.

If I lift my legs to hip height, it feels kind of odd, sex is highlighting some additional sensitivity as well as needing more care in positioning, and I'm trying to be cognizant of how I sit up or roll over because of previous discomfort from the round ligament, though I haven't had any issues with that for a week or so.

I continue to really like my Snoogle pillow for sleeping - that's becoming more and more helpful!
YES! @stardogs- I have noticed some interesting changes/modifications as well. In fact, with the rolling thing, I forget I'm pregnant sometimes and just shoot up or out of bed, and the thing is I haven't had any pain or discomfort in doing so, but I know I'm supposed to log-roll per the midwives and other mamas! This last week (also almost 17 weeks) I've noticed getting up feels different.

And SEX! Ya know I hadn't made the connection, but I have had more g-spot orgasms in the last few weeks than I have in my whole relationship (and life!) That is to say, it was always very, very difficult for me and now it's very routine. WAHOOOOO! Love those advantageous pregnancy symptoms, had no idea that might happen! :grin:

The bad news is I sleep like poop, and have since like 7 weeks :crying: In general, I'm a bad sleeper but it got so much worse! Last night for example, my husband and I went out (which is crazy because we are real homebodies and I am so tired by 8 pm that we never go OUT out), we got home late and then hung out for a while chatting so got to sleep really late, like 1 or so. I toss and turn most of the night, but at 6 am I was up and there was absolutely no going back to sleep, and that's been happening more and more. I wake up earlier and earlier and no matter how tired I am, my body won't go back to sleep, so I spend most of the day like a zombie until I get a second wind. I will have to try getting myself to bed earlier I guess. Usually I'm in bed my 10 because I can't make it much passed that, but if I fall asleep right away I spend a lot of the night awake/tossing or having heartburn that keeps me up. I can't complain because sleep related issues are the only "bad" symptom I've been experiencing, but all the same I've been pretty grumpy as a result. I looked into the snoogle and then convinced myself a bunch of regular pillows would be enough, but I think I have to reconsider. We're also switching over to an organic mattress in a couple months so I don't really want to buy a non-organic pillow, because it seems counter-intuitive but the only acceptable organic alternative a) is over $200 and b) just a body pillow, not a horseshoe or "maternity" shape. Pregnancy is so complicated sometimes! :frown:

I guess my shitty sleep to awesome sex is a fairly decent trade though, right? 0:) Hah!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yay @TourmalineMama! I thought I was the only one with a surprisingly good sex drive going on. ;) I told my hubby to enjoy this while he can.

@stardogs yes I've just started to modify all kinds of things. From the way I get into the car to getting out of bed. I'm trying to modify my exercise now to listen to round ligament pain and try not to injure myself. I've had a few moments on my back where I really felt the heart-in-throat gasping reaction so I had to roll over. I had DH bring the pregnancy pillow out of storage. I hate the damned thing - I spent most of my last pregnancy in bed so I think I associate it with that feeling of imprisonment. But it works.

·
Registered
790 Posts
To the tummy sleepers, anyone still sleeping on their tummies? I am and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten uncomfortable yet! But yes, I am feeling like a roly poly already with getting out of bed and getting up from playing on the floor with DD :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sex is both more enjoyable and more tricky for me. Double edged sword I suppose. :p I definitely have noticed more interest on my side though and DH says there must be pheromones at play as he's finding himself interested more intensely. Fascinating stuff.

I'm still stomach sleeping for part of the night. I actually have had more issues with my boobs impeding that instead of belly though. The snoogle helps tho! A friend of mine said she made pillow bolsters every night so she could stomach sleep for longer. LOL

Only yoga modification I've hit so far is needing to widen my knees in child's pose.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Increased sex drive here, but I usually fall asleep before anything fun even happens. It's been weeks, friends :serious: I finally am interested, but still exhausted by 9.

Yoga today was far more challenging than I was anticipating. It was my first class of the week, and my instructor focused a ton on core work so maybe that has something to do with it. After three babes I'm in good shape and I feel strong, but my lower abs still remind me of all the work they've done for me!

I'm a side sleeper always, but have had poor sleep lately. I'm hoping it's just a phase.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have an increased sex drive too, which is fun because the first trimester was such a nightmare for me! I haven't gotten all my energy back yet, but if I take a nap right after work, I can stay up until about 10-10:30. :wink

I've been a side/back sleeper all my life, so that hasn't changed much. I have been still having crazy dreams, but not really baby related...usually related to whatever I was last doing. Last night was all about True Detective because we finally watched the first episode of season 2. Love that show! My friend gave me her snoogle to use and I kind of hate it. It's currently sitting in a pile in the corner of our bedroom and our pup likes to hide inside. Anyone else feel like this? I'm keeping it because I think it might come in handy later in pregnancy but for now I'm doing well with one pillow behind my head and one between my legs.

Reactions: typebug

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
@mamadance84 YES. I like mine for naps but I get stuck when I'm all wrapped up in it and have a hard time responding to toddler waking up in the night. And if the damned cat decides to lock me in by sleeping behind my knees well I'm screwed. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have an increased sex drive too, which is fun because the first trimester was such a nightmare for me! I haven't gotten all my energy back yet, but if I take a nap right after work, I can stay up until about 10-10:30. :wink

I've been a side/back sleeper all my life, so that hasn't changed much. I have been still having crazy dreams, but not really baby related...usually related to whatever I was last doing. Last night was all about True Detective because we finally watched the first episode of season 2. Love that show! My friend gave me her snoogle to use and I kind of hate it. It's currently sitting in a pile in the corner of our bedroom and our pup likes to hide inside. Anyone else feel like this? I'm keeping it because I think it might come in handy later in pregnancy but for now I'm doing well with one pillow behind my head and one between my legs.
Yep, mine has been sitting on the floor by the bed for weeks now. I was using it at first until I realized it was causing my backache. For now, I seem to be just fine sleeping like any non-pregnant person with a pillow under my head and that's it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts