Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10,748 Posts
Have you tested your house to see if the mold is in the walls of your home?

Have you eliminated the foods that are highest in that mold (peanuts, grapes, onions, etc.)?

I would think that the mold would show up on an IgE test, not an IgG test. IgG is usually intolerance to foods. So did you have IgE testing? I guess I'm asking if you had one, could you get the other done too to see if there's anything else (as in, if the mold was an IgE test, consider getting IgG/intolerance testing done, and vice versa).

· Registered
10,748 Posts
That is one of the molds that can be found in homes, that's why I asked if your house had been checked for it.

Just out of curiosity, why are you focusing on the mold, when there are so many other foods listed on his IgG test? Does the doctor think the mold is the worst? Or that all the other foods are contaminated by the mold? Was there any mention of a rotation diet to let you include some of the "low" foods in the rotation?

Did the test show any foods as safe? Or did they only give you the list of reactive foods?

From my son's list, these are foods that don't appear on your list, so may be safe to try (I was scrolling up/down so hopefully I didn't miss any):

starches/grains: tapioca, buckwheat, millet, rice
veggies: white potato, sweet potato, artichoke, black-eyed peas, celery, eggplant, sweet green pepper, lettuce, chickpea, brussel sprouts, regular cabbage (did they only test chinese cabbage?), lentil, lima bean, beet, cucumber, zucchini/yellow squash
fruits: tomato, mango, papaya, strawberry, apple, pear, cherry, plum, honeydew melon, watermelon
meats: cod, lamb, duck, turkey
seasonings/herbs: parsley, maple syrup, cane sugar, beet sugar, mustard, cinnamon

Does that at least give you a starting point? When we first did our ALCAT test, we got similar results, but they gave us a list of "green/safe" foods and a rotation, then as you added things back in, you put them into the rotation. For instance my DS was "mild" to pork. If he only has it once every 4 days, he's fine with it. If he has a ton of it on that day or more often that that, he'll react. We've been rotating foods since June '08 and are adding foods back in. Have you done any stool testing or anything to find out why he's reacting to so many things? It didn't seem like we were adding back anything until our osteo ordered a Genova stool test, and we found out he lacked some things (like any beneficial bacteria). Since getting on enzymes and the right probiotics, we seem to be adding foods left and right.

· Registered
10,748 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole_marie View Post
So I guess, what I am asking...is...what foods are likely to be contaminated with Aspergillus niger? I have not been able to find any useful information online and from what I understand, it's a rare allergy.
The only list I saw said grapes, cantaloupe, onions, and peanuts. And those are all things you're avoiding anyway.

But I do think that they have mold test kits at home improvement stores. I think it was discussed somewhere here in the last month, though I don't know which thread. Because if it's in your house, then even if you avoid the foods, I don't know that you'll see improvement. I tried to do various searches to find a more complete food list but couldn't find one. I'll keep looking...

· Registered
629 Posts
Just want you to know I was recently diagnosed with an IgG sensitivity to Aspergillus niger too. It's very frustrating as there is very little info as to what to do, as I'm sure you are well aware. I'm nearly positive I developed food senstitivies b/c of the aspergillus. The house I moved from a few month ago was full of mold, come to find out.

Good luck and keep us updated if you figure anything out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.