Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my sister gave me a high chair, that she had sitting out in my garage (she is using it for storage). It has mold on it. I already got most of it off using dr bronners and water, but should/could I do something more to it? I HATE bleach, but should this be one of those exceptions to the rules kind of things?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
I have a friend who uses diluted tea tree oil for mold.<br><br>
If you can't get it off and you do decide to use bleach, you don't need to use that much. You can make a disinfectant that will kill the mold by mixing 1 Tablespoon bleach with 1 quart of water. Then add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar. The vinegar lowers the pH of the solution and makes the bleach more effective.<br><br>
Is the mold on the pad or the chair part?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well both actually. I threw the pad out (I am going to just sew up a new one), and there was mold on the chair part too. Not on the tray at all oddly enough. I did end up using some bleach solution. I just got too nervous about it! Thank you for the recipe, I will use that next time.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top