Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time mother, with a wonderful 9 month old. Before I became pregnant I struggled with anxiety, but after pregnancy I have been dealing with extreme ppd and suicidal thoughts. I have my husband, but I feel like I am so alone in this journey. I had a moment a few weeks ago when I was completely suicidal and I was so ready to leave this Earth. I was seeing a variety of therapists, but they did not try to understand my situation. I made the decision to start reaching out to people (which until now I have been totally against). I have come to the conclusion that this is the only way to stay sane. Community is everything. I even started a blog yesterday in order to tell my story, and then what luck finding this site today! :) I'm sorry that this is so long, but I'm holding on to my sanity by writing! Please reach out if you can relate to my story. I need to feel like I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
:greet

This forum is great for meeting other mothers. It is generally based on a more natural living friendly lifestyle though so if that doesn't interest you then you may be better served in other more general parent boards. I love this group and have made many friends from here. If you are struggling with making friends though I'm not sure if just an online forum is going to help. Try to find outreach in your local area as well. FB has lots of groups that you may be able to find local playdates/mother groups. Do you attend a church or follow a religion at all... a UU church may be an idea if you don't prescribe to a set doctrine. Do you breastfeed? LLL meetings are a good way to meet other local breastfeeding mothers. Could you join a class with your baby? My area has tons of mommy and me classes for different things even with small babies. If you have a supportive husband perhaps you could find time to get away for something just for you... yoga, dance classes, meditation, wine and dinner somewhere with a friend, etc.

On these forums we have lots of different boards you can search around in. Try the finding your tribe boards or join some of our challenges in the frugality and finance or craft boards. Anyways I hope some of these ideas help you and welcome to MDC!! I <3 it here and hope you will too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're definitely not alone. I've been struggling a lot as well. crazyms had some good recommendations. We get bored at the house a lot and have been trying hard to get out more. I'm in a small town that doesn't offer much. However, our library has a baby class once a week over the summer and I'll be going to MOPS in the fall so I'm hoping to make some friends. Maybe look into those if you haven't already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts