Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a play & music group 2 months ago and loving it. It's called Gymboree (not sure if they're nationwide or not?) Bray & I go 3 times a week, and we're in a level 2 class (6-10 month olds) and he has so much fun. It's a huge gym for babies & toddlers and it teaches them so much, from cause & affect, interacting with other babies, etc... I was wondering if some other mommies out there are involved in something similiar to this? Let's share our thoughts....

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am pretty sure that Gymboree is nationwide b/c I've heard of classes around here...

We just started going to a "Mommy and Me" yoga class, although it's probably more for the mommies than babies
Mostly it's just a nice way for me to get out and be with other moms and to get some exercise. The instructor does incorporate the babies into some of the poses so it is a nice way to interact with your child (ages 0-5) and I think it's calming for them too.

So truthfully I go for me...to get out of the house and to relax, which in the end does benefit dd b/c I'm much more energized to interact with her later in the day. Dd does love seeing the other babies too. Also I love this class b/c I get to keep her right with me...it's never been relaxing for me to be away from her no matter what I'm doing. I will say that these classes can be expensive (dh got me a package for my b-day otherwise I wouldn't be able to go) so it's not always practical if you're a SAHM on a limited budget like me. I think they're fun, but not at all necessary for a child's development.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started a NINO group with someone else when ds was a couple months old. We've only met once so far but it's a lot of fun to connect with other moms who have a similiar parenting philosophy. The focus is babywearing but tangents happen!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.