Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an almost 4-month-old and almost 4-year-old. Needless to say our house is a little chaotic. This morning I attempted to bake banana bread and smoked us right out of the house! (See Isn't That Special for the full story). SAHMs, please tell me I'm not alone in these disasters!

·
Registered
239 Posts
We all have our days. Sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned. If your biggest fail is smoking out your house because you were trying to bake bannana bread, your doing great. If baking is not in your comfort zone, don't feel you have to push yourself to do it just because it is what you think is expected of a homemaker. When your kids get a little older, you will have time to play around with your baking skills when your house isn't so crazy. Relax, your good. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seriously? If you didn't have these "disasters", what would you write about on your blog?

I totally dig your writing and love your sense of humor. But there are a lot of sweet people on this forum who won't tell you what an obvious ploy for blog hits this is. I'm not that sweet so I'll volunteer: It just doesn't ring true to me at all that you are looking for sympathy. Peeps are on here baring their souls-- I think you could be honest and say that you really just want some people to read this story you wrote because you worked hard on it and you think they would enjoy it. I enjoyed it a lot. You're a good writer with a fresh perspective on the motherhood thing, and I look forward to reading more!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PDXMom - you are totally right - I did want to get people to read the blog - busted!!! Thanks for keeping it real! I will say, however, that I was being genuine in wanting to start a dialogue here, and I was hoping that people would respond with their own mishap stories. I've read threads like that on babycenter and other forums that are pretty hilarious, and it's fun to read everyone's stories. I wasn't looking for sympathy, but I was looking to start a conversation. I know how much better I feel when I hear other people in the same situation, etc. Anyway, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMom View Post

Seriously? If you didn't have these "disasters", what would you write about on your blog?

I totally dig your writing and love your sense of humor. But there are a lot of sweet people on this forum who won't tell you what an obvious ploy for blog hits this is. I'm not that sweet so I'll volunteer: It just doesn't ring true to me at all that you are looking for sympathy. Peeps are on here baring their souls-- I think you could be honest and say that you really just want some people to read this story you wrote because you worked hard on it and you think they would enjoy it. I enjoyed it a lot. You're a good writer with a fresh perspective on the motherhood thing, and I look forward to reading more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.