Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting so close!! I am due 11/9 - less than 2 weeks away, I can't believe it! I went to my appt today and my midwife noted that I had lost a pound from last week, which might mean labor could start soon.... or, of course, it might not mean anything at all, and that uncertainty is driving me crazy! LOL I know, I know - all in good time, baby should cook as long as she needs to, I should cherish these final weeks, especially since this one will likely be our last... blah blah blah. ;) Don't get me wrong - I'm not really one to try natural induction techniques, at least not until I'm at least 40 weeks and my body is showing signs of wanting to go into labor, but I'm just so anxious to meet this little one!! (And looking forward to not having to pee all the fricken time, too! ;) )

How are the rest of you doing? Everyone done with their "to-do" list by now? I still have a couple of minor things to get done. One last trip to Ikea I'm especially looking forward to! :p I also want to make a cheat sheet for my husband of things to remember for the birth. I told him about wanting to do that and I think he's a little miffed that I wouldn't trust that by now he knows what he's doing, but I just feel better with all of my i's dotted and my t's crossed, kwim?

Reactions: comber

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I am due the 14th, so first half of novemeber is kind of like early November?? It is getting pretty close! My midwife will be out of town the 1st-7th so i don't want to have baby then if possible but after that i'm ready to go! I am trying to do all my usual labor prep stuff and not wait till she gets back - RRLT, evening primrose oil, sitting on the ball, walking etc. nothing major.. I thought about not doing all this stuff until she gets back but when i always start at 36-37 wks and go into labor at 40 i don't want to start 3 weeks late and end up going way past my due date .. chances are this stuff doesn't change anything with timing anyway, right? Overall i'm feeling better than i was a month ago, which is usually how it goes for me.. probably because nothing feels quite as bad when there isn't as much time left.. I've been feeling kind of blah about labor/birth (ok, i was more than blah, i just did't want to do it!) but i'm getting over it and starting to feel ready ..

Reactions: comber

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks for the updates! I was wondering how you're doing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Less than two weeks for me too (11/12 due date) but expecting anytime. I've been having lots of contractions and cramping in the evenings for the last 3 days. My acupuncturist says my pulses are very similar to a few days before I had my son. So, I think a Halloween baby may be possible! Funnily enough I have lost my nesting urge. I should be scrubbing the microwave oven at this point but I don't care about cleaning at all. I have all the big stuff done and baby stuff collected, so bring it!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ps I think we lost our admin person along the way (Trishwsu). Does anyone know how to create and maintain a post to keep track of the babies as they are born?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ps I think we lost our admin person along the way (Trishwsu). Does anyone know how to create and maintain a post to keep track of the babies as they are born?
Since I am not due until later in the month, I think I can volunteer to do this for the group.

·
Registered
506 Posts
@AlaskAnne my nesting urge is gone as well. I need to wash all of the bassinet bedding, vacuum the van & install the carseat. I don't feel like doing any of it though. Our first semester for homeschooling is ending subject by subject a bit at a time. I am slooow & tired.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Our due date lands on tomorrow and since last Sunday I have had period like cramping, light contractions and off and on low back pain. No labor yet though. I did lose two pounds two weeks ago and my digestive system started clearing more quickly. It is misleading because many think that means labor is close. We still may have another week to go! It makes my husband anxious so I try not to say much to him. All these extra things make me feel more irritable and anxious to get projects done, no one else feels the urgency.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have also lost my nesting urges! I just want to hide from my other kids and wait.. I am also craving carbs suddenly and have lost a pound in the last few days - I remember losing the nesting and hiding from the kids from the other pregnancies in the final week or so.. but i'm really hoping to make it to the 8th/9th at least - i really would be shocked if i had this baby before 39+ weeks but i still worry a little with my midwife out of town, she has a back up but i don't want to deal with that if i don't have to!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts