Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaron, my 4 yo, loves to change in private therefore, we rarely get the chance to see him naked (takes bubble baths and washes himself). This morning he was naked around us and we noticed something very strange. He's got what looks like a growth (lump - it's under the skin) in his "groin" behind and to the right of his penis. The growth is so big that his penis and scrotum actually point off to the left. Both of his testicles are descended so it's not that. It's about the size of a golf or ping pong ball. I'm going to phone the doc tomorrow but I'm worried now and I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by libba View Post
Inguinal hernia? Sounds like it!
That's my gut feeling too now that I've researched it and talked to my SIL who's DS had it too.

Oh well, off to the dr tomorrow. Aaron is not looking forward to that but we're talking about it so he knows what to expect.

Oh and any BTDT stories about this would be most appreciated! Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had Aaron in at the dr yesterday. One quick look and he knew it was a hernia. So off to the surgeon we go. We will see that doctor within 6 weeks.

Thanks for the stories! I remembered too that my nephew had a hydrocele and had that surgically repaired so I called my SIL and talked to her about it too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.