Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've disappeared for pages and pages! How are you all?

This week it is a year since I was in hospital with Frida and her burn and I wanted to tell you that I was really grateful for your positive words when I was feeling that I was such a terrible parent and that the many-ness of our family was too much for me to manage. Thank you all again.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I finally found you all!
: Goodness its been awhile.

We are expecting #8 in May. After 5 boys in a row we are really hoping for a girl. Mostly cause we can't find a boy name we like.
But I was informed by another MoM who is having #7 - a boy after 5 girls that the universe has shifted and in order to keep it in balance I will have a girl lol.

I like the mittens on that site. I might have to do that when we go see snow this year. Much easier than buying them for everyone.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
HI, I had to change my siggy... but I'm still here, we will have all 10 kids home for xmas... my nephew (ds) is joining us for a couple weeks... he lives in MI with an aunt.... oh heck at this point whats ONE MORE lol

We are hanging in there, its going to be a light holiday season and we are foucsing more on family and less on presents and stuff this year.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hi ladies,

I hope you are all well
:

It's been awhile since I last visited a MOM thread but I hope to have more time after this busy Christmas period is over to spend more time with you all

Sam

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Hi mamas! I posted in some old threads a few weeks/months back. So I don't really know anyone too well

We are patiently waiting for our 5th baby to arrive any day now. I am due in 5 days
: and can't wait to meet our new little one! The children are really excited to meet the baby and see her birth here at home.

I am a bit worried about balancing 5 children who are so young...so I hope to come back and get some great advice from you all who have BTDT. My oldest son is 7, second son is 5, third son is 4, and dd is 2.5.

Congrats to you Full Heart on the new babe coming in May
And thanks for the awesome link organgefoot, the boys have been wanting to learn to sew and we've been looking for some easy projects to do for homeschool. They will be thrilled to do this!

I hope to help keep this thread active as i think I'm really going to need some support from other MoM's

·
Registered
708 Posts
I need a holiday or sometime where I don't have to run kids around, don't have to leave the house can sit by our pool and do nothing but read a book and relax.

I have so much do before Christmas I just want to run away.

I am so sad as it will be the first Christmas my mum won't be here
:

I am so exhausted I feel I am on autopilot.

The kids are running riot as they know I am too busy to watch then closely.

My husband is no help as he is working very long hours on a case.

I haven't started my Christmas shopping as I haven't had time.

I want the world to stand still for 5 minutes so I can catch my breath.

:
:

I normally am able to keep myself together but right now I am falling apart.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh Sam, take a few breaths and be still for a moment.

The first everything without my Dad was awful and it is only now that I feel that I can remember past events when he was with us without too much pain and more than a little happiness. Missing your Mum will be horrible and you may just have to let that come to you and cry for a good while if that is what you need to do.

Can you pare down Christmas a bit? Send the older ones out to buy one thing each for the smaller ones and do the rest online maybe? Don't buy wrapping paper and just put their gifts in pillowcases and tie them with a ribbon? Plan a different Christmas day so that you start later and don't rush about first thing? Pop the babe in a sling and hide away for a while by the pool?

You're in my thoughts and I'm sorry I can't be of any physical help to you

·
Registered
708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by orangefoot View Post
Oh Sam, take a few breaths and be still for a moment.

The first everything without my Dad was awful and it is only now that I feel that I can remember past events when he was with us without too much pain and more than a little happiness. Missing your Mum will be horrible and you may just have to let that come to you and cry for a good while if that is what you need to do.

Can you pare down Christmas a bit? Send the older ones out to buy one thing each for the smaller ones and do the rest online maybe? Don't buy wrapping paper and just put their gifts in pillowcases and tie them with a ribbon? Plan a different Christmas day so that you start later and don't rush about first thing? Pop the babe in a sling and hide away for a while by the pool?

You're in my thoughts and I'm sorry I can't be of any physical help to you

Thank you so much for your kind words, it means alot to me that you took the time to reply and think of ways to help me
:

What a great idea getting the older kids to help with the Christmas shopping

We don't individually wrap the kids presents put as you mentioned put them in a sacks which is a great time saver.

Thanks again for replying orangefoot, I am really touched by your kind words

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
I don't have quite as many as some of you but the holidays make me a little crazy. We do still wrap individual gifts but oh my word it is just so much to do I think I might stop after this year. And we have three Christmas celebrations to do. I told everyone else I refuse to cook for Christmas so we are having dinner at other people's houses. I deserve at least one night a year when I don't have to cook! Now I'll get two!

Right now my two younger ones are on a terrible sleep pattern of late afternoon naps and extremely late bedtimes and my older two go to bed promptly at 9pm and wake up at 8am so my DH and I are having to trade off who stays up and who goes to bed at a decent hour. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix this and I really miss when all the kids went to bed early enough for my DH and I to have a few minutes of peace in the evenings. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
I'm very excited about Christmas. A HearthSong outlet store just opened near my house and I'm going to try to go there this weekend and get some gifts for the children.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My four eldest children (two boys and two girls) are very close in age and very good friends so this morning I dropped them off at my local mall gave each of them some money and told them they had to buy Christmas gifts for each other (my girls bought for each other and my boys bought for each other) I told them to bring home receipts and don't tell each other what you for them and it worked out really well as they are good friends they know each other really well so i am really pleased how it worked out.

Now I have to buy for the younest three
:

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
My buying on sale and putting aside has really been paying off. I looked through my big bin and figure I only need to buy 1 more gift for 1 child, the rest I already have enough for.
Of course then #2's bday comes in January so I have to start thinking about that too.
No what to get for M and MIL, who knows. I'm thinking of baking bags of different flavoured granolas. Silly?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I am pregnant with baby #7 and I'm really grateful for finding this group!

Things are pretty hectic here - we moved from South Africa to Canada 3 months ago and our container finally arrived today.... there are boxes EVERYWHERE but we are sleeping in our OWN beds tonight and it is fantastic!

My 3 youngest children are taking some serious stain with the move. I don't think they are unhappy, just very, very unsettled. They are 3 years 9 months; 3 years 1 month (adopted) and 2 years 1 month. We are dealing with a lot of sleep issues and tantrums etc.

Orangefoot, I don't know what happened to your daughter, but is she okay now?

Full Heart, I have 6 kids and all of them are boys :) :) I am only 10 weeks pregnant but I have a very strong feeling that this is also a boy.

Lemon Juice, good luck with your labour!

Baltic Ballet, I don't have the "right" words, I just want to send you some (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
May I join y'all? I am newly Mom to 5 - and struggling to reach my stride. My grandbabies (2 months and 22 months) have just moved in, and of course I still have the 8, 12, & 13 year olds. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, and frankly, it helps to know that I am not alone!

·
Registered
708 Posts
It's very hot here today and I've just had a wonderful few hours swimming and reading by the pool, even though I had to watch the children it was nice just to be out of the house. I've just cut up some yummy watermelon and mangoes for afternoon tea and popped in a DVD so hopefully that will keep my little monsters busy for a awhile.

I have to take one day at a time and plan plan plan.

MOMYS: thanks, all hugs gratefully accepted!

Mmarhu: welcome to the M.O.M thread, feel free to pick our brains on anything you need help with

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Wow, Sam...where do you live! I wanna come visit
Sounds like a great day...and good idea about the shopping w/ your olders. That is really sweet

MOMYS, thanks! due in 3 days...still waiting
I was hoping the full moon would help but??? Congrats on your 7th babe coming! and 6 boys! Wow! My 3 boys make my head spin...you are one strong mama! I look forward to finding out what you're having.... a boy or your first girl?!

mamarhu

Congrats on the new grandbaby tho!
: Hopefully things settle down soon and you can find a rhythm that brings you and your family some peace.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hi Lemon Juice (sorry I don't know your first name)

We live Australia so it's summer time here.

I can't take credit (although I would like to) for the shopping idea, It was orangefoot's idea for the older children to help with the shopping and it was fantastic!

I was wondering how others on M.O.M thread felt about us using our first names, I am happy for everyone to use my first name Sam and not my user name (baltic_ballet) which I was forced to pick as Sam was already taken and I couldnt think of anything else.

Hi my name is Sam and I am Mom Of Many to 7 children
:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi,I really should be herding the critters into bed but I am able to sneak in some time at the computer sooo...
We just got back from traveling from HI to Ca for a Thanksgiving and a wedding.It was so nice to see DH's family and show off the kids.It was bittersweet though because DH's grandfather died in May and one of his uncles died suddenly in Sept.The wedding was super fun,DD wanted to hug on everyone and especially "the princess",DS #2 was there for the food and my oldest was there to dance.My youngest was along for the ride.I was worried because the wedding was on a boat but it was very well organized and inside and our friends helped with the wrangling.I got chided for not keeping up with emails and photos but every tiem I sit down the kids get into stuff.The kids did really,really,really well with all of the traveling we had to do.DH's family is in central CA and the wedding was in Southern CA (Newport Beach) and we flew into the Sacramento area.Alot of driving and we were also flying military standby so we had to be ready for any kind of flight or time.We made it back and our kids never terrorized anyone ( although the youngest did amuse himself by wandering around growling at people while we were waiting).Now I am trying to reset my house because even though I left it clean theres all the laundry and stowing away of winter clothes since its just rainy here, it still hot and hauling out the Christmas stuff.My garage and closets are traps right now.
I love the crafting idea!!I am looking for something for the kids to do and that I can sned on to the grandparents.The mittens are cute but there is not even a chance of snow for Oahu.LOL
Sam every time I see your name I remember junior high.My initials are SAM and I wnet by that because there was another girl by the same first name and I got tired of being called by my first and last name.Then people started calling me Sam and my last name! Oh how very hormonally angry I was!LOL
I'd rather just go by my screenname in a feeble attempt at security.I'm sure my first name can be tracked down somewhere though so its very feeble.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I'm not going to call you crittersmom, crittersmom, because you are more than JUST the sum of your children. You can be notjustmomtocritters instead
Oh, and I don't say anything on the internet I don't say in real life.
We're here. I'm a bit down with PPD, and my big boys are fighting nonstop which isn't doing anything for my self-esteem: because obviously, if I was a Good Parent then my children would like each other. I've been having a few problems with anaemia recently as well, which hasn't been helping much, but I'm reading along.

:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.