Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have one of those days where you just want to rewind time and be unpregnant and let this baby wait for another year or two? After a horrible day today I am just terrified of how I'm going to make it with 2 little ones (and hs'ing my 12 yr old) So far today at 2 yrs old DD has removed her diaper and pee'd on the floor 3 times (yet has no interest in potty training
: ), thrown food, gotten nailpolish on me, thrown about 3 temper tantrums complete with wacking her head on the hardwood floor in the midst of one, colored on DS's schoolwork, jumped knees first on my stomach, hit me with a good half dozen hard toys, and spit the equivalent of an entire sippy cup worth of liquid on the floor, carpet, DS and myself (about half being toddler formula which will smell great soon I'm sure since I cant get it all out of the carpet, half being a juice drink) oh and dumped a big cup of bathwater all over me during her bath.

How on earth am I going to get through having a newborn on top of this when I can barely make it through the day sometimes w/ the toddler?
I've loved being a SAHM for the past 2 years (well most of the past 2 years... it was very difficult for me the first 6 months to a year, adjusting to having a baby again). I was going to get some part time work during DH's home hours after the baby comes to help with bills, but at this point I'm seriously considering getting a 9-5er 40 hrs a week just to keep my sanity.
:

Anyone else in panic mode? I want this baby out but at the same time am not ready for the additional work I know its going to take.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Oh yes, I have moments of sheer terror.
DD will be 2 on Saturday and is becoming more and more headstrong and independent. Some days it's a relief to leave for work and let DH have at it for the evening.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yep I have those moment too! Like I can't handle these 2 right now how the *bleep* am I going to handle a third. My second dd is 2 on the 22 of Oct. and my eldest is 3 and a half. Tantrums suck! Oh and dd#2 decided 3 weeks ago she wasn't ever going to nap again...UGH!

Hang in there Mama, you CAN do it

·
Registered
247 Posts
hahaha...crazy 2yr olds??? NO WAY!

My dd just turned 3 and she is the wildest craziest little girl EVER! She just started this new thing...when we are someplace and it's time to leave (of course she dosent wanna leave) i try to pick her up. all of a sudden she has no bones!
She drops to the floor. And when i do get to pick her up (i do it gently) she screams "owwww mommy you're hurting me".!!!!! So now i have everyone looking at me like im abusing this screaming child.

It's super fun to go out with her!

·
Registered
438 Posts
OK, I'm on the other side now...DD2 was born Sept. 16th and my DD1 is 22 months, and I will just say...there's no doubt about it. It's hard. The last week or two with my DD1 I got really sentimental, like at the same time as I was feeling like ripping everyone's head off and feeling really really tired of being pregnant and wondering why I'd done it to myself. I was a good mommy before this, I kept reminding myself, like 7 months ago.
So, that said, the first two weeks of DD2's life have been some of the toughest I've ever experienced. Take any and all help that comes your way. You'll want it. But, it will get better. My DH just went back to work PT and I realized in the first day, "Hey, I can do this!" It's not easy, but I CAN do it. And after the first week or two, your juggling skills get way better too. GOod luck mamas!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my daughter does the no bones thing too and then screams like I'm killing her when I pick her up (by her sides, as gently as possible considering its painful for me and she's squirmy and boneless) I didnt even list that because it happens a dozen times a day.

I'm just so done atm. Since I posted it has just gotten worse. I want nothing more than to go hide in my room and cry and sleep for a few hours. DH came home and to "give me a break" decided to make dinner for me...which means he effed it up hugely, shouting explitives from the kitchen every 30 seconds or so, left me with our daughter who is now screaming every few minutes between attempting to hit me with something or throw something important into the black hole behind the entertainment center, and my very grounded DS is finding every possible excuse to come out into the living room (he's grounded to his room atm) so DD sees him, gets excited to play, then I send him back, she screams for 3 minutes, 15 minutes pass, he comes back, rinse repeat.

Sorry I hate to rant. I just feel very rant-ful atm. I need a drink! (or two or three)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Bean View Post
Take any and all help that comes your way. You'll want it. But, it will get better. My DH just went back to work PT and I realized in the first day, "Hey, I can do this!" It's not easy, but I CAN do it. And after the first week or two, your juggling skills get way better too. GOod luck mamas!
Thanks for the update. I hope we can make it. DH has about 4 weeks of leave available for when the baby comes, but I'm sure he'll be going in sometimes when they need him for something or something crashes (he's in the computer software field). After that my mom and dad will be here for a long weekend (11th of November or there abouts) and then we have thanksgiving and then Christmas holidays (we decided not to go anywhere or do any big "family stuff" beyond immediate family this year). Luckily he gets ample time off for all the holiday stuff so I'll only have a few weeks at a time without a break. The first couple weeks my intention is to just hole up in my room in bed with the baby and leave DH to take care of our toddler and bringing me food and drinks. (he's well aware of this) We agreed to seperate kid duties once the baby comes and he will get up w/ DD and I'll get up with the little one since she will need me to BF and DD is weaned. I just hope its enough. DD isnt a bad kid, quite the opposite. I just feel like crap and for some reason when I feel like garbage she acts up way more than normal.
:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Yep, got a grouchy 5 yo and a very energetic 3 yo here. Tantrums, screaming, fighting pretty much from 6:30am to 7:30 at night. I am just worried how my poor babe is ever gonna be able to take a nap with the noise level in this house. And not to mention carrides. We can't afford getting a van so they are all gonna be squished in the backseat of our Stratus. Poor baby is gonna get his eyes poked out. Which reminds me - I have to pick up one of those backseat baby mirrors....

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I've got twin 4.5yo boys with WAYYYYYYYY too much energy, and a very independent 2yo girl who thinks hands were meant for hitting. (I cannot tell you how often we say, "hands are not for hitting!") My kids are really driving me nuts, and I have no idea how I'm going to deal with 4.

Tell dh to forget dinner, just take your dd OUT SOMEWHERE so you can relax.

Currently, I have one of my twin boys on one couch, another on the loveseat, my girl is in a chair, and everyone is having quiet time by "reading" books. I think it's only because my dh is home that they're actually sitting there relatively quietly.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My terror comes at night. My 20mos has to sleep right next to me, in my arms, probably 70% of the time. And we've only gotten it down to 70% over the past few weeks of putting him in his crib, side-carred next to me. I have no idea how we're going to sleep at night. No idea.

Oh, and he did the 'no bones' thing to us all through Lowe's last night.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenlaana View Post
Ever have one of those days where you just want to rewind time and be unpregnant and let this baby wait for another year or two?
yes. yes, yes, yes, and hell yes.

I can't wait to meet my new daughter, but I am terrified of how catie will react and if I have the patience and energy to be a good mom to both of them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The no bones thing is my absolute worst pet peeve that toddlers do...
OMG NOTHING makes me madder.

He does it when I am holding his hand and we're walking... It makes me just want to let go. He is so heavy now (36 or 37 lbs, and tall too) that I cant pick him up and carry him, it makes my belly cramp up.

we will get through it... somehow.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usually Curious View Post
My terror comes at night. My 20mos has to sleep right next to me, in my arms, probably 70% of the time. And we've only gotten it down to 70% over the past few weeks of putting him in his crib, side-carred next to me. I have no idea how we're going to sleep at night. No idea.

Ds1 was 20 months when the second one came along. He would start in his crib and be in our bed by 11pm, and then in my arms. After a few weeks in the crowded family bed with the new baby he slept thru in his crib, just like that. I think it was too busy for him in the family bed...You never know. Try not to get too freaked out over the situation because you can't prepare for anything here. You never know how the kids will react. You might be able to get away with the new babe in the crib and the older one in the middle..?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The baby is here, and I am in the midst of my panic. My son is 21 months, and my daughter is almost 4. I really had a hard night last night feeling like I have made a mistake, and should have just stopped at 2 kids. I am really struggling right now with my emotions and trying to breastfeed, but its not going so well.
:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
hahahahahaha.....

Just yesterday I was desperately pleading with my husband on the phone to come home and help me. This was followed up by, why the heck didn't I just get a job or something???? Why did I want to get pregnant again, when I could have gotten a job, we could have had more money, etc?? To this he said, "Come on, Jen, you know you'd never feel satisfied." And he's right. Blech. I know how much I want to meet this little baby of mine, but I'm not so sure I can handle my 2 year old these days. He's so off the charts wound up, and I feel bad, because I know part of it is that he's not getting as much of the attention he deserves because I'm just so darn tired!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.