Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that the third pregnancy can be a wild card as far as what to expect. My last two were fairly predictable, you know, things like

...by now (11wk3d) I could feel my uterus with the others
...I was way sicker with both my other babies
...I can't tell if my belly is growing or not- both times before I was showing at 9wks. I *might* have a little more residual baby belly than before though.

Seems like I am gaining weight but I can't really tell, all my clothes still fit. ( I don't own an scale)

I am trying to shut out the usual blah blah blah miscarriage blah blah blah going on in my mind (I miscarried between ds &dd). I am sure some of you have been here? Was the third dramatically different from the first two? (please say yes)

Help !
: My poor little brain can't stop obsessing about it all!

·
Registered
841 Posts
All of mine have been pretty different. This one and the last one have been more different than the other 3 altogether. Very bloated and gassy, lots of nausea, swelling hands. So they can all be pretty different.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
My third was extremely different from my first two. My first two were boys, my third was a girl. My third was my first experience with HG ~ every once since then {#5 is due in June} has been progressively worse.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
My pregnancies have all been different. But lack of morning sickness really doesn't equal miscarriage. I have never had morning sickness. I do have three beautiful girls.

Amy

·
Registered
407 Posts
my third was totally different too!

my first two pregnancies (girls) were pretty much the same symptom wise -- no ms at ALL, really tired, lots of preterm labor followed by 36/37 week deliveries of ~6lb babies....

with my last one (boy) i had every symptom i never had with the girls -- mild ms, swelling, sleeping problems, bloating, constipation/hemroids, and NO preterm labor followed by a 40+ week delivery of a 9 1/2 pounder!

so far with this one i feel like things fall nicely in the middle.
i don't know what that says to my previous gender split as it doesn't fall into either of my "categories," but i'm confident this baby is either a girl or a boy. lol

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
This is my 3rd pregnancy, and so far, all of my pregnancies seem to get easier. So I've had less sickness with this one. I'm not in pain yet with my sacrum like I was last time by this time (exercise at the gym probably helps). I do have what seems like the beginnings of heartburn, which I didn't have with the other two (had heartburn the 2 nights before #2 was born, but that's it). And my belly seems to not have grown in several weeks.

The good news though... my uterus is 2 fingers above my pelvis, and I've heard the heartbeat last Friday and yesterday, so I know all is good. I just don't really FEEL pregnant half the time, so that's kind of weird this time around.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Even though my symptoms aren't bad, they have gotten worse with each pg and I'm definitely showing way sooner too. I attribute it to age, myself...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
My first 3 were all pretty similar but this fourth one is totally different. I'm A LOT more sick, a lot more tired, showing earlier (to be expected I guess), and felt little baby "kicks" earlier. My DH teases me that it's twins-which I do NOT find amusing.

I know each pregnancy can be very different but I wonder if this one is partly my age since I'm 40 and that I wasn't at all prepared for this one-total surprise.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Technically this is my 5th pregnancy, but I only have 2 kids. All of my pregnancies have been exactly the same except for this one. In previous ones, I've had severe morning sickness. Last time, I couldn't leave my bedroom for months. I don't know why things are different this time. Could it be cause I'm on a new prescription med for the nausea? Who knows. I'm just glad I'm not as sick!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AAK View Post
My pregnancies have all been different. But lack of morning sickness really doesn't equal miscarriage. I have never had morning sickness. I do have three beautiful girls.

Amy
Ditto (except the 3 girls
) This is my 5th pregnancy but I only have given birth twice. All of my pregnancies have been the same symptom wise, including the two I miscarried so symptoms or the lack thereof isn't really an indicator of a m/c.

Were your other two babies the same sex? Sometimes the "symptoms" will be different with each sex. Or it's just that every pregnancy is different

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very glad to come across this thread! I was just talking to my sister about this earlier today. I am pregnant (due July 25, 09) with my 6th baby. Technically, thisis my 7th pregnancy since I had an extremely early loss this passed March. Before then the word "miscarriage" wasn't even in my vocabulary! A couple weeks ago I saw the beating heart so I know the baby is in there! But still I feel like I've lost the "innocent joy" of being pregnant.....& I'd love to get it back!

Here's what's missing with this pregnancy: Sore Nipples!

Please let me know that some one out there can relate! My youngest child now is 22 mos. old. She and her "almost 4 year old" sister still nurse frequently, though i am cutting my older child down to once in the a.m and once b/f bed, & hopefully we'll succeed with no more "nursies" for her immediately after her b-day coming up on 1/3. (I guess i'm not a CLW'er, since I don' t think I can nurse 3!) Anyway, with my 5th pregnancy, I'm almost positive that I suffered from extremely sore nipples when my nursling latched on. And this time I have no pain at all. My belly is def. getting bigger (i know that's totally expected w/this many pg's). I'm very careful to "watch my diet"! I've never had morning sickness with any pg's.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
This is my fourth pregnancy and has been very different to my other three, although more similar to my first one than my last two. I am 14 wks today and I am not showing yet and I was with both of my boys, though that could be due to losing some weight? I have heard the heartbeat and my uterus is right on target, so that isn't anything to be concerned about, it is just weird.

I have felt more nauseated and it has last longer than with my other pregnancies. Woohoo

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boys3girls View Post
Very glad to come across this thread! I was just talking to my sister about this earlier today. I am pregnant (due July 25, 09) with my 6th baby. Technically, thisis my 7th pregnancy since I had an extremely early loss this passed March. Before then the word "miscarriage" wasn't even in my vocabulary! A couple weeks ago I saw the beating heart so I know the baby is in there! But still I feel like I've lost the "innocent joy" of being pregnant.....& I'd love to get it back!

Here's what's missing with this pregnancy: Sore Nipples!

Please let me know that some one out there can relate! My youngest child now is 22 mos. old. She and her "almost 4 year old" sister still nurse frequently, though i am cutting my older child down to once in the a.m and once b/f bed, & hopefully we'll succeed with no more "nursies" for her immediately after her b-day coming up on 1/3. (I guess i'm not a CLW'er, since I don' t think I can nurse 3!) Anyway, with my 5th pregnancy, I'm almost positive that I suffered from extremely sore nipples when my nursling latched on. And this time I have no pain at all. My belly is def. getting bigger (i know that's totally expected w/this many pg's). I'm very careful to "watch my diet"! I've never had morning sickness with any pg's.
I was miserable nursing while pg with dd. My ds weaned himself when I was 5-6 months along at 19 months. This time around there is a bit of a twinge now and then but nothing like last time. I am actually looking like I am losing weight this time around, but dd nurses ALL NIGHT. I would be surprised if she is a self-weaner too.

I hear you about missing the innocent joy. It is a hard thing to get back too. It is taking sheer willpower to be positive and excited about this new pregnancy no matter what the outcome. It is such a temptation to become detached 'just in case' when it really our job to be excited and present in the face of fear. sheesh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.