Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little man was circumcised before we got discharged from the hospital. Anyhow the problem is his little penis has skin that comes onto the head and i am constantly trying to keep it down off the penis head but is always covers back over. I took Noah back to the pediatrician and she said he has what is called a loose circumcision!!. She said that she prefer they are done tight and that i should look into get him a revision!! Has anyone got any advice on this? Should i get him redone to make it a tight circumcision?

·
Registered
992 Posts
My little man was circumcised before we got discharged from the hospital. Anyhow the problem is his little penis has skin that comes onto the head and i am constantly trying to keep it down off the penis head but is always covers back over. I took Noah back to the pediatrician and she said he has what is called a loose circumcision!!. She said that she prefer they are done tight and that i should look into get him a revision!! Has anyone got any advice on this? Should i get him redone to make it a tight circumcision?
I would caution against taking your little guy in to have more skin amputated. The reason that looser circumcisions are more the norm these days is that in the past tight circumcisions have caused a lot of grief later on. As the penis grows, especially at puberty, there ends up being insufficient skin to accommodate an erection. For some unfortunate men this causes pain, bending of the penis and even skin splitting. When a doctor circumcises a baby, they has no way to gauge how much skin the penis will need later on in life. My guess is that your little guy will grow into his skin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts