Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All<br><br>
I am in Montgomery County and I am currently about to start seeing Evelyn Muhlhan in Baltimore County for my prenatal. However its in Baltimore, and I am here sooo..if I can find a midwife who:<br><br>
1- does home births and is associated with a good hospital around here.<br>
2- totally supports VBAC's<br>
3- Takes my insurance (no pay out of pocket)<br><br>
around here in Montgomery County, then I will be willing to look into it. Thus far the only one who meets my standards is Evelyn but it's not that big of a deal to go to Baltimore from here, I mean its not that far. Just want to see what my local alternatives are.<br><br>
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use Joey Pascarella (<a href="http://www.sacredjourneymidwifery.com" target="_blank">www.sacredjourneymidwifery.com</a>) and she is great. She does work with insurance, but she is not on any plans so it would be out-of-network. I have United insurance and (theoretically) they will reimburse 70% of out-of-network costs. She used to work for the Maternity Center before they closed, and now she does only homebirths. Her hospital backup is in Charles County so if you needed to be transferred to a local hospital you would wind up with the on-call doctor. Plus, she does all home visits! That's my favorite part, not having to go anywhere for a prenatal appointment and no wait times! She also does any bloodwork at the house and then just sends it to the lab - all of the lab work is covered 100% by my insurance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts