Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Anyone in a MOPS group? Do you like it? Is it "worth your money??" (i just found out it costs money, but that's understandable) there's a couple in my area, liek 15 miles away, and i'm debating if it's a good thing or not. Thoughts?</p>

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
subbing<br>

·
Registered
239 Posts
<p>I don't have a full answer for you as I've never been to an official MOPS group, but I have several friends who are in MOPS and I went to a MOPS Halloween party at a friends house.</p>
<p>They are church-supported I understand so I believe there is a foundation of that there and some folks were talking about a bible study that was somehow linked to MOPS. I know my friends have really liked it and it has helped them make friends with other Moms, especially after moving to new areas.  The do various activities while kids are looked after in a separate daycare by volunteers called Mopets (that's why I haven;t done it because we don;t want to leave DD yet with people we dont know. They have regular themed playdates at peoples houses- like the Halloween party and edible playdough making etc. and Mom's nights out where they have an evening at one anothers houses and do crafts and things.</p>
<p>My friends really like MOPS and I like the people I've met through MOPS friends of friends. None of them are very alternative or have probably heard of mothering.com (for example, they are astonished I still BF my 16 mo!) but they are very nice and their alternative-ness may be based on location too. Hope this helps!</p>

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
<p>What's MOPS?</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts