Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having another boy! I thought I'd post up here also b/c it's about to get buried down below in the thread Nic started.

We're now at a total impasse again regarding names - Lucas has been given the nod, but only grudgingly. I'm running out of ideas, and he's asking me to do all the work. Humph.

I had the most painful u/s today that I've ever had, and I've had tons of them. I'm so sore that it hurts to bend over or twist to the right, she spent a lot of time pushing very, very hard to get heart and head measurements. I was in there for at least 30 minutes, which was far too long for my liking. They're usually about 15, tops. I did find out my placenta is high and in the back, which is a relief. Now I can keep hoisting my toddler (like I ever really stopped carrying him around!) and not worry if it's a bad idea.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I'm glad your placenta moved! When I was in for my u/s on Monday she started off by pushing a bit too hard and I said something about it. I am very tender in the area that used to be my ovaries especially if that is where the baby is located.

I really like Lucas.. it's a good, strong name. It's also not overly popular, fits well with your other one's names.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Mine was longer than I wanted this time because the baby was in a bad position. The sono lady couldn't get a good picture of the heart so she kept working on it. She did take a few big breaks so it wasn't constant time, but it still took a long while. Glad things are ok.

I love the name Lucas! It is my sister's next boy's name.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Lucas is a good name. Have you thought also of Luca (I believe its Italian). It's actually a boy's name but a friend of mine named her little girl Lucca and I've always loved it.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
I do like that name. Too bad that I IMMEDIATELY began singing that Suzanne Vega song "my name is luka...i live on the 2nd floor...".
OMG! I remember that song.. was just singing it the other day in correlation with a name. I can't remember if it was Luka or Vega. Oy!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Congratulations!!! Lucas is a very cool name
I also didn't know that u/s could hurt...
I'm glad your placenta is in a good spot too!

love and peace.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, they can hurt. Not from the sono itself, but from how hard the tech pushes to see what they need to find. And some techs are more adept at it than others. I'm not as sore today, thankfully. But I don't think Baby Blue liked it at all - he moved so much last night it actually kept me awake. Nic, can you believe it??? I've spent the last 20 weeks wondering if this child is even alive inside me b/c I feel so little movement, and last night was like a soccer match. I am most thankful I won't need another one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
sorry about the pain they caused you. The only problem I had with mine was that my bladder was so darned full I thought I would pee on the bed whe she kept pushing down for a better view
: Anyways, my son's middle name is Lukas--we spelled it a little different though. I guess I am a little partial, but I like the name. Good luck with finding something you like

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Quote:

Yep, they can hurt. Not from the sono itself, but from how hard the tech pushes to see what they need to find. And some techs are more adept at it than others. I'm not as sore today, thankfully. But I don't think Baby Blue liked it at all - he moved so much last night it actually kept me awake. Nic, can you believe it??? I've spent the last 20 weeks wondering if this child is even alive inside me b/c I feel so little movement, and last night was like a soccer match. I am most thankful I won't need another one.

I know that feeling! Just about the time I start to really panic with this one she starts to make some movements. My belly is sore but not from the u/s I think I will start another thread so I can see if anyone else can commiserate with me.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Quote:

When I had my first kidney infection with dd and had to go to L&D so they could monitor my supposed contractions (I wasn't having any
- I was barely 30 weeks along...), dd kicked and kicked RIGHT AT the stupid fetal monitor. I know she didn't like it (and neither did I
) and I felt terrible for exposing her to it for so long... and without any pushing or anything she always aimed her kicks right at that monitor. It was pretty amazing...

love and peace.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oooh, ooooh, how about the name Sean/Shawn Michael??? We are both suddenly enamored of it, my oldest loves it and we just might have a winner. His grandfather's middle name started with an "s", so this give us a nod to both DH's grandfather and my late stepfather.
Just hope he doesn't change his mind again. Shawn Michael. Hmmmmm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.