Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I am sorry I keep posting asking questions... ARe wraps and covers the same thing? If not, what is the difference? Reading some posts, makes me think you use both - I thought they were the same thing... Also what are snappis? ARe they just snaps? I thought cfps were just a piece of cloth that you wore with a cover. Do you buy something that snaps over them....

Obviously totally confuse..

Emma

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
no such thing as a dumb question.

wraps and covers are the same thing as far as I'm concerned (at least they both fill the same function of keeping baby's clothes dry)

snappis are rubber clip doodads that hold prefolds and/or flat diapers in place (I'm sure someone has a picture of them somewhere!)

prefolds are large pieces of fabric sewn into rectangles commonly with 4 layers of fabric on the outside edges and 6 or 8 down the middle. you can use a snappi to hold them into place under a cover

HTH

Jes

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm a cloth diaper newbie too, so I don't think your questions are dumb at all. . .

As far as I know, covers and wraps are the same thing.

Here is a description of a snappi:

The Snappi fastener is a unique product for an alternative to pins. This nifty fastener is a practical and reliable way of fastening cloth diapers. A smart solution that enables moms and dads to avoid pinpricked fingers and babies! It is made from a stretchable non-toxic material that is shaped like an elongated T with grips on each end. These grips embed in the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for your baby.

Here are some pictures so you get the idea:
http://store.naturalbabies.com/produ...ges/snappi.jpg
http://store.naturalbabies.com/produ...ges/snappi.gif

Hope this helps. . .

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I think snappis are alot easier to use then pins. you also get a better fit with a snappi I would buy one to try and well if you dont like it then you can use the pins.

Christina

·
Registered
293 Posts
wraps and covers are the same thing but yet they aren't at the same time. a wrap is a very close fitting (usually velcro) cover that can hold a prefold in place without pins or a snappi. a cover is anything, can be pull on, side snapping, or wrap, etc. Sort of like how a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a sqaure...a wrap is a cover but a cover doesn't have to be a wrap if that makes sense.

and a snappi is a nifty device to hold a prefold securely. i highly recommend one...no more pins.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
you don't NEED a snappi if your cover fits snuggly ...but it's nice to have something to hold your prefolds securely in place anyways.

Blessings

Jes

·
Registered
475 Posts
Covers like Bummis sww and the Bumkins have a pocket in the front of the wrap that you tuck your folded diaper into so the need for a snappi or pins is totally up to you. I don't ususally use one with these covers.

It's always helpful to have snappis around if you have prefolds...you just never know. It's a wonderful invention!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
snappi's aren't necessary. You can just fold your prefold diaper in 1/3s and lay it into a wrap. I did this until my dd became very mobile and the diapers just didn't seem to stay in place very well. Then I started using the snappi (which I found very simple to learn to use).

good luck!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone - I am going to order a couple of snappies and maybe also a few Bummis wraps - thanks for the clarification of wraps/covers...

I appreciate all information - I don't know anyone irl who uses cloth so I feel a bit lost

Emma

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm a little late for this thread, but just wanted to say, feel free to check out my cloth diapering informational site. Just click the link in my sig

BTW, I don't use snappis or pins, just lay the prefolds in the wraps, fasten them on and go. This works really well for us.

Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.