Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the latest Wise Traditions yesterday - Dave's article about how he makes fermented CLO & he mentioned that it contains more K2 (& more D.)

He also said that every batch measured different levels of vitamins - a wide range. So how do you know if you need to supp. extra vitamin D? My D was low, so with HVCLO, it's been easy to figure out what ratio I've been getting my A & D.

What do you use to supplement K2? The latest issue also talked about needing a certain amount of K2 to prevent D toxicity.

And Dave also said that the bottles of fermented don't mention D measurements on them, really?

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
I looked at the label online, and yeah, it was pretty skimpy in terms of information. I am not thrilled, I want to know what I'm consuming--maybe less of an issue for others, but we're working on deficiencies.

I give the kids a K2 supp, we use Thorne's liquid K2, it's 1mg per drop, so it's pretty high dose.

For me (normal people so do not need dosages this high) I use Carlson's 5mg K2 capsules.

Now that there's a fermented CLO that has K2 in it (I wonder how much is MK-7 vs MK-4, wish we could get the WAPF to pay someone to measure it) I'm not sure most typical people would need a separate K2 supp if they're also eating a fairly Price-esque diet, unless they're working on deficiencies (taking above the WAPF guideline dosages for CLO). I know my situation with the kids isn't typical.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.