Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts

We have those. Luckily, they are older and aren't included in the recall. I tested ours for lead anyway, and they came up negative. We've asked for only made in USA or made in Europe toys for birthday and Christmas this year. I'm fed up!

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
OMG. I think we have those blocks! And to think I was thinking that cause' they're mostly cloth they'd be OK to keep!! Ugh.

I've been scowering the web for the past couple months looking for websites with toys made in the US/Canada/Europe... Just this morning I put together a little blog with dozens of links to toy companies and stores:

http://toyreport.blogspot.com

Check it out and let me know what you think.. and if you know of any other toys or whatnot, please, please let me know!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
OMG. I think we have those blocks! And to think I was thinking that cause' they're mostly cloth they'd be OK to keep!! Ugh.

I've been scowering the web for the past couple months looking for websites with toys made in the US/Canada/Europe... Just this morning I put together a little blog with dozens of links to toy companies and stores:

http://toyreport.blogspot.com

Check it out and let me know what you think.. and if you know of any other toys or whatnot, please, please let me know!!
Thank you for this. I'm furious. we have these blocks too, but ours are a different date than the recall. However, I got rid of them anyway.

Maybe we should have a stickie thread with websites for toymakers we trust?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
Can I ask how do you go about getting your toys tested for lead? I'm sick of just waiting around for everything to be recalled....I'd like to be a bit more proactive.
My mom bought some home lead test kits (at Lowes I think) and gave some of them to me. It's just a stick you rub on the surface and it turns pink/red if it's positive for lead.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
My mom bought some home lead test kits (at Lowes I think) and gave some of them to me. It's just a stick you rub on the surface and it turns pink/red if it's positive for lead.
Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.