Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are fleece covers hot? We live in FL and I dont want to toast my babies buns.

Do I need an absorbent pad for wicking away moisture (beside the actual insert/stuffing) in all kinds of diapers?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
1. Yes. I think it is. I would go with wool in FL instead as it breaths better.
2. No. This depends a lot on which diaper you are looking at and what your personal issues are. Ones that are lined with microfleece wick the moisture away from baby very well (like fuzzy bunz for example), all cotton ones don't, but you don't need a liner if you are going to change baby promtly after each pee anyway.

Good luck. Its tough figureing all this out.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Fllece would prob. be fine at night in an airconditioned home. I use it at night and I live in OK.

Also some babes needa layer to wick away moistureor their little bums will get red or rashy, while others do not. My kiddos don't. I think it is also personal preference. If your kids are rash prone then you might try it. You can just buy some microfleece and cut it up to fit your dipes.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I find fleece too hot for my boys (and I live in Canada, LOL) but they are funny kids that way. Tend to get warm very quickly and are very sensitive to being too hot.
I don't use any liners in most of my dipes and have no trouble. I have fleece lined nighttime diapers though to try and keep them as comfortable as possible (and in case they have a rash, it seems to help to be in that 'drier' diaper all night).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.