Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huggerwocky
That's great. I hope an increased demand will lower prices because fresh organic produce is still horribly expensive.

Unfortunately all it will do is help lower standards of what is "organic" while small producers are bought out by big companies like Gerber who can afford to lobby for those standards to be lowered and before you know it organic will = only 75% of the normal amount of pesticides, fungicides and peoplecides sprayed on your produce.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Maybe they will carry organic babyfood in my area then! As it is now I have to drive 20 miles to *cough* walmart *cough* or 50 miles to a grocery store.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMama
Maybe they will carry organic babyfood in my area then! As it is now I have to drive 20 miles to *cough* walmart *cough* or 50 miles to a grocery store.
Its much cheaper and easier to make "babyfood." Of course, I think the whole concept of babyfood is a marketing ploy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.