Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>ok, here goes my rant, hope it makes sense:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i am assuming that DS (who is 4m/o) is going thru a sleep change right now, let me explain:</p>
<p>was STTN for probably 2 months - sometimes waking once for a quick feed - but all was well in our house for the night.  now, however, EVERYTHING has changed.  we moved his bedtime to about 730, thinking we were missing his window of tiredness, and he now goes down easier.  here's the new thing: he's getting up about 2-3 times per night now  (only about 3 hours apart) and i cant figure it out at all.  i realize he's becoming more aware of his surroundings and is learning to roll/sit, so could this be affecting his energy level in the middle of the night?  should i move his bedtime back to 830 when it was harder to get him down, but he STTN??  i do not see/feel any teeth yet, so dont believe that to be a cause just quite yet.  also, i EBF, but should i supplement some formula at night - could his little tummy just need more since he's growing?</p>
<p>aaaah, please help.  long work hours plus long no-sleep nights are adding up quickly (i know this is true for many MANY parents, just reaching out for any advice from my fellow mommas!).  i love my baby to the moon and back and just want to do what's best for him!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thank you :)</p>

·
Registered
668 Posts
<p>I'm not experienced with 4-mo-olds, my first is 4 weeks now.  But if I could choose between him going down easily at 7:30 and waking multiple times or putting him down at 8:30 requiring a bit more effort but having him STTN, I'd choose STTN in a heartbeat.     </p>

·
Banned
329 Posts
Oh, btdt!<br>
Check out this info on the 4 month sleep regression and see if any of it resonates with you:<br>
<a href="http://moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/02/qa_what_are_sle.html" target="_blank">http://moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/02/qa_what_are_sle.html</a><br><br>
DD has been in the 9month sleep regression for several weeks and it's finally getting better now that her teeth have popped through.<br><br>
It does get better but just remember that sleep patterns are not linear!<br><br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts