Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading diapering posts for over a year now and you'd think I'd know all this, but now that it's actually time to do it, I'm freaking out! Okay, maybe it's pregnancy induced . . .

Anyway, I have a combination of diapers/covers:
dyed and bleached prefolds (new), fitteds (new/used - LL, Sugarplum Babies, Kissaluvs, RB, etc.), AIO's (VB, LL, Angelwraps- new), Bumpy covers - (new), RB wool cover, and some other random covers people have given me which I can't think of right now!

So my big question is - how do I prepare all of these?
1. Can I wash them all together???
2. What about the dyed prefolds - will they bleed???
3. I'd reallly prefer to line dry - anyone do that inside and how??
4. I have a front load machine and would prefer to use Dr. Bronner's lavender - anyone with experience in that area??
5. Am I forgetting anything??

TIA ~ Andrea

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
1. Can I wash them all together??? All diapers can go together! Your PUL covers will need to be washed seperately in warm water and hanging to dry is a good idea!

2. What about the dyed prefolds - will they bleed??? Might wash them once by themselves to make sure, but most places "set" them before being sold!

3. I'd reallly prefer to line dry - anyone do that inside and how?? I use a sweater rack for sunning, but don't have a line inside. We use a dryer on medium heat...keeps them soft!

4. I have a front load machine and would prefer to use Dr. Bronner's lavender - anyone with experience in that area?? I use sensi-clean or sportswash (they are the same thing) to avoid build-up and hemp stink!

5. Am I forgetting anything?? Sounds good!

Keep asking if you have any more ??'s!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
1. Can I wash them all together???

***I have never had dyed prefolds, so I can't respond to that. But I wash all of my diapers and covers together- EXCEPT for my wool. That needs to be handwashed/washed in the gentle cycle and hung to dry.

2. What about the dyed prefolds - will they bleed???

***See above.

3. I'd reallly prefer to line dry - anyone do that inside and how??

***Can't comment. I don't line dry. I tried it once by hanging my diapers on a line along my back porch and they got really stiff. I didn't like it at all.

4. I have a front load machine and would prefer to use Dr. Bronner's lavender - anyone with experience in that area??

***I would be afraid of Dr. Bronner's leaving buildup on the diapers- especially on fleece. So I would recommend against it. A good, "free" (no dyes or perfume) detergent is what works best- just use a little, tiny bit with each load.

5. Am I forgetting anything??

***Just remember to be very gentle when washing your wool- and use a wool wash like Eucalan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.