Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That's it, it's official. I'm going to make all my toys for my future kids instead of buying them. Or I'll let them play with a rusty old can... It's starting to sound safer.

Honestly, doesn't this just freak you out?! Wow, I actually found a positive to not having kids yet. I don't have to deal with all these toy recalls.

ETA: Ummmmm.... Not true, I buy stuff for my nieces and nephews.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Oh great.
:
I have some of these train pieces.

Is it safe to buy wooden toys anymore? If I buy wooden toys from European toy companies, can I be sure they aren't manufactured in China?

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
This thing keeps growing and growing. I have no idea what to tell family to get them for Christmas/Birthdays.
:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
effing wonderful...

Thankfully we don't own anything on the list. We lost 5 trains in the LAST recall.

No ideal WHAT to do for him for Christmas now...guess it's clothes or something. And of course no one in my family will listen to my pleas to PLEASE buy him toys made in america...yeah sure...that'll happen.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
We will still play with our trains, especially since we have none from this recall. The 4 year old can play with this stuff fine. But the baby worries me. I don't know what to get for her to chew on. Makes me wonder if anything is safe.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
I dreaded opening the link.

We have a few of these as well. I think we're going to put away all of our wooden thomases for now and just play with the take-along Thomases (metal ones.) Hopefully, those won't be recalled anytime soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.