Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a week ago I thought I had crossed the hurdle and had entered happy no-more-nausea land. Today for the third day I'm feeling sick and exhausted again.

I was really worried the first day and a half thinking I had caught a bug or something, then it dawned on me that these are the dreadful feelings I have felt for the last month but quickly tucked away in the forget forever part of my brain when I started feeling better.

What gives? Did this happen to anyone else? It didn't happen last time. I'm 11 weeks now.

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJHCFamily View Post
So a week ago I thought I had crossed the hurdle and had entered happy no-more-nausea land. Today for the third day I'm feeling sick and exhausted again.

I was really worried the first day and a half thinking I had caught a bug or something, then it dawned on me that these are the dreadful feelings I have felt for the last month but quickly tucked away in the forget forever part of my brain when I started feeling better.

What gives? Did this happen to anyone else? It didn't happen last time. I'm 11 weeks now.
This happens to me--I feel better for a few days and then it returns full force. I have a theory that it has to do with your levels doubling at first, and then as your levels even out maybe it has to do with the baby and placenta having major growth spurts and zapping your energy, throwing your hormones all out of whack again.

I hope yours goes away for good soon! I'm only 8 weeks, so I still have at least a few weeks to go. Blah.

· Registered
2,186 Posts
Yup, me too. I thought last week it was starting to subside and I was feeling much better and now in the last few days I'm puking again. It sucks. I'm 10 weeks.

· Registered
567 Posts
Yep! I'm dealing with that now. My ninth week much less nausea and less tired. I still felt over all crappy but so much less crappy than I had in week 8. Week 10 has been awful again. And I'm at my breaking point. I really hope it goes away soon....This is my fourth baby and I don't remember m/s being such a mystery before. It just went away one day and never returned. No tricks!

· Registered
462 Posts
Nausea is really wearing me down right now!

It started at about 5 weeks, but was little more than a nag until about 6 weeks, when it started getting bad. Last weekend, I spent most of my days lying on the couch, too nauseated and exhausted to do much of anything.

I started school this week, and had a few okay days, but this afternoon I started feeling horrible again.

I've tried everything: eating, ginger, ginger tea, ginger ale, homeopathic ipecac, and now Diclectin. Granted, I've only been on Diclectin for 24 hours, but I didn't feel as good as I was hoping I would today.

I'm feeling depressed because I'm so tired, I can't even play with my son half the time, I don't want to see my partner (we don't live together yet), which is making him upset, and I feel isolated.

With my son, it started at 8 weeks and was finished by 13 weeks. I'm just praying that since it started earlier this time, it will end earlier too! I need to be able to function in school, and be a good mother and partner for my boys!!

· Registered
372 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifescholar View Post

I'm feeling depressed because I'm so tired, I can't even play with my son half the time, I don't want to see my partner (we don't live together yet), which is making him upset, and I feel isolated.

With my son, it started at 8 weeks and was finished by 13 weeks. I'm just praying that since it started earlier this time, it will end earlier too! I need to be able to function in school, and be a good mother and partner for my boys!!
That must be tough, going through it alone. Hopefully, you get some support for yourself. Don't feel bad though, I have my husband with me, and I feel isolated too. I don't know why, but somehow it feels like nobody understands what I'm going through, even though I know a lot of other people went through the same thing. Hey, half the time, I don't feel like seeing my DH, and I have been grumpy at him. I can't help it. Obnoxious things he does seem magnified at the moment.

· Registered
372 Posts
Oh, and since my last post was off topic.. I'm 11 weeks too, and going through the same thing. I made a very enthusiastic post a few days ago, but now I've been feeling very blah every day since then. Today I felt nausea all through my dinner, and the only reason I'm eating is because I'm HOPING that it will help ease it a little.

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
I've had that too. My doc said that once the HCG starts levelling out in a few weeks (12wks), it should pass.
13 weeks here - still totally off & on. I was feeling great until tonight - spent the last 1/2 hour with the porcelane chamber.

Definitely not complaining though! Some ladies in our DDC have it really bad!

· Registered
76 Posts
I am completely miserable!!! I can't eat anything and when I do eat, I feel nauseous. I think about eating all the time because I know I need to, but I feel terrible after I do eat. I threw up toast yesterday morning and it just seems easier to not eat.

I have this pattern of puking and crying at the same time because it is so miserable. I can't be in the kitchen and the house is a complete mess because I have no energy, nor do I feel well enough to even try to pick it up. I just don't even know what to try to eat anymore.

Oddly, I can eat tater-tots and seem to want potatoes. Water makes me sick and 7up helps me feel better, so I drink a lot of it which can't be good for me or the baby. I'm at wits end and don't know what to do anymore. I'm 10.5 weeks.

However, those of you who have little ones at home I don't know how you can manage to parent and be sick! My heart goes out to you all!

· Registered
991 Posts
I had that happen to me this week! I was sick last Saturday, and then have felt great since. But yesterday I wound up getting sick twice, and was super dizzy and icky feeling all night. Today I am feeling better, but still slightly queasy.

Hoping now that I'm 12 weeks the queasiness and vomiting will be gone for good soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.