Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some backstory -- I did an IVF procedure where they just transferred two embryos. Two days after, I started feeling queasy, esp. in the morning. Today (three days later), I hurled after lunch, which I NEVER do. I'm one of those people who can talk about pus and maggots over chicken Alfredo and not bat an eyeball. I feel queasier in the mornings and historically that's when I'm usually voracious.

Is it possible that it's morning sickness or is it bad Bennigan's chicken? I'm not having any other symptoms of food poisoning and other than the queasiness, I feel great. It's just that only certain food (carbos, fresh fruit, frozen yogurt, Parmesan cheese) sounds good and the rest makes me kind've grossed out.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Maybe it's mild ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. The second time I did IVF, I had that to a small degree, and it made me a bit nauseous. It took me longer than a few days to start feeling sick, but apparently OHSS symptoms can start as early as your nausea did.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffodil
Maybe it's mild ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. The second time I did IVF, I had that to a small degree, and it made me a bit nauseous. It took me longer than a few days to start feeling sick, but apparently OHSS symptoms can start as early as your nausea did.
But my ovaries weren't stimulated. They were actually shut down with Lupron prior to the transfer.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Baudelaire
But my ovaries weren't stimulated. They were actually shut down with Lupron prior to the transfer.
Oh, you were doing FET? Well, so much for the OHSS idea. I hope it's morning sickness!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I can't say about IVF, but I had a friend (she's since moved far away) who SWORE she knew the day after she got pregnant with her kids. She had morning sicknes the very next morning. It's definitely possible.

Kathryn

·
Registered
649 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by citizenfong
Never did IVF, but my notes show that I was nauseated at 3 dpo with my 2nd pregnancy.

Sounds pretty good to me!
Interesting.......I feel lousy today and think I ovulated (and had sex) yesterday. I was actually wondering if you could start to feel sick in less than 24 hours????

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by allismom
Interesting.......I feel lousy today and think I ovulated (and had sex) yesterday. I was actually wondering if you could start to feel sick in less than 24 hours????
I'd like to know too. I have my beta on Wednesday, so I guess we'll find out for me...for you, I guess it'll be another few weeks??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts