Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi Everyone!</p>
<p>6w0d and morning sickness made her appearance. Since I am not the only one suffering from nausea and the wish to run away from most foods, please share your tricks.</p>
<p>BTW my aversions seem to differ acording to the sex of the baby, anyone else?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What helps:</p>
<p>Chewing bread for a long time</p>
<p>drinking sips of cold water</p>
<p>resting</p>
<p>meat, cheese, other protein (exept for milk products)</p>
<p>staying away from MSG</p>
<p>telling loved ones to not use perfume and stay away from scented soaps and shower gels</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What makes it worse (for me):</p>
<p>Milk</p>
<p>Coffee</p>
<p>Hurry and Stress</p>
<p>Scented Laundry Detergens and Dryer Sheets</p>
<p>Red Door Perfume (my personal guarantor for throwing up)</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
<p>-not going too long in between meals...made that mistake this morning and now I'm paying for it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-chewing mint flavored gum</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-sea bands...I've never used these but other women say they work well so I'm going to pick some of those up today</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-plenty of protein</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
267 Posts
<p>Mine just hit, too.  Uuuuuuuggggghhhhh.  Thanks for the reminder about the seabands, Annie, I just put on the ones I bought last time around.  Here's hoping.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Other than that, so far this helps:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Very, very strong lemonade (with a little extra salt), or even swigs of pure lemon juice.</p>
<p>2. Potato chips</p>
<p>3. Honey roasted peanuts</p>
<p>4. Most of all, not letting myself get fully hungry.  Even though food has become the most disgusting thing ever.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck, everyone. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Allison</p>

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
<p>I've had it with every pregnancy, not severe, but all day nausea for a good solid month.  It hasn't really differed at all based on gender of child for me.  Aversions have been just the same and I have very few cravings.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What helps me:</p>
<p>Ginger chews or real ginger ale (like from the HFS)</p>
<p>Pregnancy tea - Traditional medicinals really helps</p>
<p>Lemonade or limeade - I like Simply Limeade</p>
<p>Apples and other tart fruits </p>
<p>Protein, such as bean dip or bean veggie burgers</p>
<p>Eating as soon as I wake up, even if only a handful of nuts</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What makes it worse:</p>
<p>Strong smells, such as perfumes, bad breath, stinky kitchen or bathroom, garlic</p>
<p>Not eating often enough or not eating enough protein</p>
<p>Drinking water on an empty stomach</p>
<p>Going too long without food, such as during the night or trying to do anything in the morning before eating</p>
<p>Meat, especially pork - it's too hard to digest for my stomach during this time, and I can't stand the smell of pork products</p>
<p>Italian - the spices always make me sick</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
800 Posts
<p>for me I am only 4 weeks and have a lot of nausea already, not getting hungry defenitly and oranges, mandarines do wanders.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts