Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is ten months old and I am thinking of going back to work part time in the mornings. I would get up at about 4:30 but be back around 9:00, barely after she wakes up. The problem is she nurses frequently throughout the night. I don't want her waking up at 5am wanting to nurse and getting stressed that I'm not there. I also want DH to be able to sleep. Has anyone had success with a partial night weaning? I don't really know where to begin because of course she has no concept of the clock. I don't need to totally night wean, just buy some time in the morning.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
She's so young, I would prepare for her to need a bottle in that time. Maybe she won't, but maybe she will.<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She doesn't take a bottle.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
My DS has adjusted well to my new schedule. Now, I was working full-time then switched to half time mornings. He doesn't always take a bottle in the morning after I leave and instead waits for me to come home, but he has some solids in there...<br><br><br>
Have you left her before for a couple of hours w/o her eating?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would leave milk and several ways for your baby to have it..sippy, bottle, regular cup. That way if she did wake up and wanted to eat, she would be able to.<br><br>
Also, do a trial run and try leaving her for a few hours and see how that works.<br><br>
Good luck

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the support! In the mornings I don't think she is waking up to nurse because she is hungry, it's more for comfort. She (like most babies) just loves to suck and be close. I think leaving milk is a good idea in case she really wakes up and DH can't comfort her. Often times she will sleep that last four hours or so in the morning without waking up, but usually she doesn't. I'm not going to start working until I'm sure she can handle it, but I would like to push the process a long a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts