Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi Everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just wondering if anyone has ever used the midwives at Morningstar Birth center in Menomonie, WI.  Did you like them?  Was it a good experience?  I have my first consult next week and was wondering if I could get some personal reviews.  Looking for a better experience than last time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Gretchen</p>

·
Registered
31 Posts
<p>Hi Gretchen! </p>
<p>        My Lovely Son Ryder was born at the Morning Star Birth Center in St. Louis Park Minnesota. This is their newer location so not as established and definitely not as beautiful as what I have seen from the Menominie location. However, I have met the wonderful woman Paula who started them both and she creates a fabulous environment, and all the women who work for her are likeminded and strive to make your experience as comfortable as possible. They take as much time as you need for each appointment, have a lending library of great information, and make it feel very safe for anyone in your family who is uninformed, and may be a little skeptical of birth outside of the hospital. I was worried about cost because I am a single mother, but when it comes to your childs first and only REAL birth day it is worth it. They give you a payment plan and an early payer discount so it works out.</p>
<p>                     My birth was a long one (27 1/2 hrs) but they never made me feel rushed and gave me a whole host of birthing options; i labored in the tub with music, used a birthing sling, birthing ball, walked around outside, and they moaned and groaned with me while i pushed for hours! They even provided a Doula whom I loved! that followed us home and made my room comfortable for me and the new babe.</p>
<p>          This was just my experience though, I say, follow your wise woman instincts!</p>
<p>                                                                                       many blessings to you and Much Love!!!</p>
<p>                                                                                                                peace, Jess:)</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts