Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation:

Friend with twins is cding and her little boy is a super soaker. He's only 5 weeks old and weighs 8 lbs, and apparently he soaks through an infant cpf (4X8X4) in a matter of a few hours, so much that his jammies get soaked. He has stopped pooping at night, so they would like transition into not changing him as well. I was thinking a one-sized fitted would be a good place to start, since it can be used by both babes for a long period of time.

Any ideas for nighttime with a heavy wetter? They are open to using wool, but with the chaos that they're experiencing with two breastfeeding cloth diapered babies I'm thinking adding a new method to their plate may not be the best thing.

I was thinking maybe hemp Muttaqins? Any other super-absorbent dipes that seem to take a licking and keep on ticking? They are currently using bummis and bumkins wraps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
We use hemp CuddleBuns for night (and day too, but the ones that are all hemp I save for night). I would recommend Airflow covers, I have never had a leak with those, even when the diaper underneath is sopping wet. I even leave the leg snaps loose and still no leaks.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I've never tried a Mutt, but SOS are great if you don't mind an extended drying time. I've actually cleared out most of my stash and am only using SOS fitteds, with an occasional Poochie for nighttime. They are awesome for my 2 year old heavy wetter.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissietiny
are all SOS sewn in soakers?
Yes.

Internal soaker and we use a doubler at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.